What do you do if your cruise ports of call change and you have tours booked?

marcyjane

Just noticed a couple of posts where people doing the New York to Canada cruises that they went to Halifax the last port first and then back to the others due to weather.

Has anyone had this happen on any of your cruises and had pre booked tours (not the ship tours) by the interent or by phone.

What did you do? How was you able to contact the tour company since most cell phones don't work until in port?

Hoping this want happen to us, but we have tours booked in advance in every port we are visiting.

Thanks in advance for you advice or suggestion or what you did if this happen to you.

i believe most of the ships have email availability for a small charge. We were booked with an independant operator in Belize in Feb., but due to weather problems, the harbour was closed. we were notified by them when we got to shore that our trip was cancelled, but we could have emailed them from the ship if we had known before hand. i always like to know what the company's refund policy is before booking with them, just in case something like that was to happen.

I would contact your specific tours to ask them about their cancellation policies so you'll know for sure. My guess is that they already know you're coming on board a ship and they know when the ships aren't coming. Whether or not they will refund you all or part of the money is totally up to them and what their policies are.

Archived