South America - 2009 - Splendour Of The Seas!

That fourteen-night Atlantic repositioning cruise looks very compelling. That is a most interesting itinerary. I don't know Splendor of the Seas. What class of ship is that? Is it Radiance-class or more like Majesty? I'm not sure I would want to cross the Atlantic on a ship the size of Majesty. A Radiance class ship would be very comfortable, though.

That fourteen-night Atlantic repositioning cruise looks very compelling. That is a most interesting itinerary. I don't know Splendor of the Seas. What class of ship is that? Is it Radiance-class or more like Majesty? I'm not sure I would want to cross the Atlantic on a ship the size of Majesty. A Radiance class ship would be very comfortable, though.

The Splendour is the twin of the Legend, 69,000 GRT. The Legend has been circling the globe for most of it's 12 year life w/o complaints so I would think the Splendour should be OK.

These two went into service in 1995-1996 and have been refurbed.

Splendour is smaller than the Radiance class. It's a Vision class. We've done two transatlatics on her and loved them both. It does now have a Concierge lounge but no specialty restaurants if that is important to you.

Thank you for your answer. I guess we have been spoiled by ships with premium restaurants, putt putt golf, and other amenities. If we were to spend fourteen days on a ship, it would have to offer more than Windjammer and the main dining room.

Still, we do like that itinerary's port calls. It is just those six days at sea that would be a challenge without a fabulous gym and other venues for meals.

Thank you for your answer. I guess we have been spoiled by ships with premium restaurants, putt putt golf, and other amenities. If we were to spend fourteen days on a ship, it would have to offer more than Windjammer and the main dining room.

Still, we do like that itinerary's port calls. It is just those six days at sea that would be a challenge without a fabulous gym and other venues for meals.

Splendour has putt putt golf.

Archived