received docs but no cabin assignment-WHEN?

We signed up for "G-Guarantee" and also received no assignment with our initial document package. Within a week, though, we received a new cruise voucher with an upgraded cabin. I guess they need to wait for last minute bookings to see what higher level cabins are available. A week's wait was certainly worth the "price."

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't receive my cabin assignment on the transatlantic until I arrived at the pier....but happily received a lovely upgraded mid-ship cabin. There were individuals at the pier with passenger lists so the luggage could be properly tagged to the cabin.

I know it's a bit unsettling not to know your cabin assignment, but it's actually a positive sign that you're likely to get an upgrade.

Don't worry about the luggage; it'll get to your stateroom. We were switched from our booked stateroom and that change was noted when we received our docs. So, that was what I put on our luggage tags. When we got to the ship they had changed us again. I just told them at checkin that our bags were tagged for the other stateroom. By the time we arrived at our stateroom the bags were there.

If you have not received your cabin assignment in advance, there will be agents with passenger lists and extra bag tags. They'll make sure your bag gets to the correct cabin. Just be sure to verify with them before leaving your bags.

That doesn't always work JoAnne. If you do a pre-cruise, or if you're doing RSSC air and then direct to the ship, your bags and you are separated at the hotel/airport and you don't see them again until you're in your stateroom in many cases. Once the luggage is in RSSC hands you don't have to worry about it; believe me! They really do a great job.

Archived