*ROLL CALL* NCL Gem transatlantic 3DEC Barcelona-Boston

andieberl

Hi Ron!

Welcome on board!

Not very much longer until our Cruise! Looking very much forward.

Anybody staying in Barcelona before the cruise?

Check out the Champagneria on Calle Reina Cristina, close to Paca d'Antonio Lopez-Great place to have the local Cava and some delicious Sandwiches!

See you on board!!!

Hi everyone,

My bf and I just booked. We're cruise virgins but thought the deal was too good to pass up. Hope we're gonna like it!

We're a UK (25) and Aussie (23) couple. Some of our friends were coming until recently, but can't make it. So we're now hoping there'll be plenty of people onboard to have a few drinks with.

Is anyone else in their 20's going ?

Cheers

Chris..

I guess most of us are single travellers! I try to organize a meet & greet for us, so we can all meet up and go from there. NCL is very easy and if you would like to dine by yourself, No biggy as well if we all make good friends and there would be a table for 20 screaming gentleman...LOL!

Yes I am still 26 myself :)!!!!

Maybe we have all a pre dinner cocktail in my Suite...that would be the easiest!

Let me count 1st how many we are on here...

King Marcus

Welcome Chris and "Aussie"....:)

Don't worry... it seems like there will be a nice group of people on board to definitley have a good time.... Don't know though about their "20"ies....

Hi MarK! Welcome aswell!

Indeed there are lots of singles travelling on this cruise. And just like Marcus mentioned: NCL especially with their Freestyle Cruising there is nothing easier to make arrangements for a bunch of people for dinner. Or just by yourself.... which would not be as much fun-for sure..... ;)

See you all on board!

And Marcus: Vielen Dank fuer Deine Muehen... :D

I have never traveled as a single. My partner unfortuneatly has no more vacation time available. Any tips on dining single on a cruise. Anyone else traveling single. Would love to have some table mates.

See you soon

Mark

Gem Dec 3, 2007

Hey Mark,

Over on the Roll Call boards for our sailing, some very kind CruiseCritic members have set up dinners in the Tepan-yaki and La Cucina restaurant along with some other activities. There are a lot of us solo on this sailing and all seem very kind. I actually met Nancy from Chicago on a RCI September sailing from San Juan. She is a very nice woman.

I'm anxious to try as many of the restaurants onboard as possible, so, just yell if you'd like company for a meal.

Jack - San Francisco

Hi Chaps! and welcome to all the recent new ship-mates!

Hope you are all OK and are as excited about our forthcoming trip as we are...sounds like were going to have quite a party!

Paul (the Essex Fireman! - the English guys will know the gags about Essex girls)...is a bit aprehensive about what to expect, as he's a cruise virgin like the UK lads above and also has never been to the States before!...also...as I said earlier...he's straight...so don't all rush him at once!..

See ya on board

Cheers,

Peter & David

Hi everyone, thanks for the welcome.

Peter and David, when are you flying back from Boston? I'm BA ID90'ing it on the Thurs :D although other half is on aer lingus full.

And, what are you insinuating about your friend Paul! Essex boy eh, haha.

-

Seems like a good bunch of people onboard...

See you all in 3 and a half weeks.

Chris and Dale.

P.s. What's the deal with taking alcohol on board? Is it allowed? ...all in the name of pre drinks of course.

Hey Chris & Dale,

We're flying back on Sat on BA on an ID00 Firm..hopefully...were spending 2 nts in BOS...Paul (you know,the one with the long hose!!)...is flying back full on EI as well but on Sat.

Are you with BA as well? Crew? We both work at HQ i.e. 'Waterworld' hehe..

As for the booze...well..all the cruise lines want you to buy their grog...so don't like you taking stuff onboard...but if you pack it in yr suitcases and keep it tucked away in the cabin...you should be OK...not that we woud ever consider such behaviour ourselves!!:p

See ya later,

Peter & David

Hola to everybody!!!

Guys, what would you think, if we would all meet at 6:30p in one of the bars? The official Cruise Critic meeting is at 7pm at the Star Bar and since there so many of us and Cruise Critic people, I bet there is no space. If we would meet at 6:30p we can talk further and finally meet and then can ongo (who wants) the the CC meeting in the Star Bar.

Who is in??? So I can set it all up with the ship!

Please let me know!

King Marcus

As for the booze...well..all the cruise lines want you to buy their grog...so don't like you taking stuff onboard...but if you pack it in yr suitcases and keep it tucked away in the cabin...you should be OK...not that we woud ever consider such behaviour ourselves!!

Hey Peter and Dave... well you are right. Probably all suitcases will be screened.... Hmmm... thats why I think that larger medicine bottles are a good invention. Brown, "neutral" glass bottles with some other kind of "medicine".. ;)

Marcus: Of course I would be happy to join in at a FoD Meeting 6:30pm Sailing Day. Probably my friends will come along aswell.

Hey Everyone!

Count me in for the Meet & Greet.

I've not sailed on NCL for several years, but, information on these boards makes it seem that they are quite strict in regards to bringing alcohol onboard, compared to other lines. Seems they even screen bags that are being delivered to cabins and make you report to a special area to open your bags if they suspect you're carrying alcohol. I've decided to order through NCL in advance. Here is the link to the thread that covers all of the details on pre-ordering a bar setup:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=655620&highlight=setup

Perhaps those more 'in the know' can shed some light on this topic.

Anxious to hear the stories about Essex girls!!!

Jack - San Francisco

Peter and David,

We don't work for BA, my sister does..

Where are you guys staying in Bos? Any recomendations? We're hanging around for an extra day to check it out..

-

Thanks to everyone for the alcoholic advice..I'm sure we'll work something out.

Meanwhile, does anyone know any companies offering good single rates? Have a lesbian friend who wants to come but can only find cabin rates that are the equiv of two people..

Ta

Chris

Oh, P&D, does long hose fireman paul know what you're writing on here! Haha, no wonder he's apprehensive haha.;)

Peter and David,

We don't work for BA, my sister does..

Where are you guys staying in Bos? Any recomendations? We're hanging around for an extra day to check it out..

-

Thanks to everyone for the alcoholic advice..I'm sure we'll work something out.

Meanwhile, does anyone know any companies offering good single rates? Have a lesbian friend who wants to come but can only find cabin rates that are the equiv of two people..

Ta

Chris

Oh, P&D, does long hose fireman paul know what you're writing on here! Haha, no wonder he's apprehensive haha.;)

The NCL Reservation office in Germany has still single rates, if you want I can check for you! I booked through them!

Greetings from Ft Lauderdale

It's getting closer, just a few more weeks to go. I got my hotel all booked.

Axel Hotel in Barcelona. Upgraded my cabin to 11622 (single). Looking forward to meeting up at the FOD's meat & greet. Will all the single's please stand to one behind me. I' so looking forward to this adventure.

Ron

Archived