Trunk Bay Info needed please

whadyanuts

We are traveling with my mom who is a senior citizen and I want to be sure that she will be comfortable on the beach.

Am I correct in assuming that there are taxi's available to take you from the ferry in St. John to Trunk Bay?

Is Trunk Bay the destination in itself or is it divided into different smaller beaches or sections?

How far from the actual beach area are you dropped off? Is it a long walk?

Are there beach chair and umbrella rentals and facilities available at Trunk Bay?

What about returning to the ferry. Is it easy enough to get back?

Does anyone know of a private company that does excursions there and if so are they any good?

Thank you all for your help.

We are traveling with my mom who is a senior citizen and I want to be sure that she will be comfortable on the beach.

Am I correct in assuming that there are taxi's available to take you from the ferry in St. John to Trunk Bay?

Is Trunk Bay the destination in itself or is it divided into different smaller beaches or sections?

How far from the actual beach area are you dropped off? Is it a long walk?

Are there beach chair and umbrella rentals and facilities available at Trunk Bay?

What about returning to the ferry. Is it easy enough to get back?

Does anyone know of a private company that does excursions there and if so are they any good?

Thank you all for your help.

The taxi drops you off in the parking lot, and it is a several minute-long walk to the beach. The paths are paved, and there are wooden ramps from the path to the beach.

There are 2 beach sections that are connected. The typical picture you see of the beach from the overlook shows the main beach, and the other, smaller beach is just beyond that (but connected to the main beach)

Taxis are readily available when you get off the ferry and when you are ready to leave Trunk Bay, and are $6 per person each way.

When we were there in March, there were chair rentals at the scuba equipment hut near the beach. The chairs were $4 each.

As for umbrellas......you won't need one.....the way the beach is situated, part of the beach is always in the shade (at least it was when we were there)

We just returned from our Cruise to St. Thomas/St. Maarten, and can tell you this. The ride to the ferry at Red Hook from the Crown Bay Port was $11 per person, then it is $5 per person for the ferry, then $6 per person from Cruz Bay to Trunk Bay, then $4 per person to get into Trunk Bay, then $6 per person back to Cruz Bay then we took the ferry back to Charlotte Amalie for $10 per person then a taxi back to ship for $4 per person. Total cost for 2 was $82.

The taxis were all open air trucks with seats in the bed and are available everywhere. Be warned the day we were at Trunk Bay the wind was very strong and we were pelted with sand the entire day!

Archived