Best Island for Snorkeling?

Rehobo

SimonV has it right. we just returned from Indomesia including the Banda Islans. It dioes not get any better and that includes the Great Barrier Reef and Fiji. Closer to home spots off Belize trump Cozemal by far. The Blue Hole is spectacular. If you stay on Turneffe Atoll at Turneffe Island Island Lodge they have off the beach snorkeling that is equal or better than GC and each day you go out on the reff, yes Belize has the second largest reef in the world, and they go to the Blue Hole once a week and it is only a few hours from Miami airport to the atoll itsel. A bit closer for those on the East Coast I think St. John trumps GC and Bonaire. The hurricanes of the past 5-6 years have done terrible damage to the coral in 5-15 ft. of water though the diving is still excellent in both places. St, John off the beaches of caneel Bay Resort and Watermelon Key are also quite good. I have been to all I have referenced since 2006.

Archived