TWE strikes again!

Tara818

I can only answer for myself... but my dream wedding is quite simple... Me and my fiance, getting married at-sea. Since that's my dream, my only choice is Princess and TWE. So I'm crossing my fingers, hoping for the best, and keeping in mind that for me, it's less about the details and more about the romance of the sailing and the sea...that's what I want, so that's why I "chose" TWE.

Here's hoping that we all get our dream days... whether at a port, on an island, or sailing along somewhere in between...

And since your desire is for the "at sea" aspect, perhaps the details won't be so important. I would imagine more problems come about when someone has really high expectations, or lots of details, that the agency just can not handle. Best wishes to you. gg

After reading several of the complaints about TWE on Cruise Critic, we kept well documented communications with them. Our initial contact was with Elizabeth and our final contact was with Lucy, and I am pleased to say that they lived up to what we discussed and requested of them. In other words, we feel that we received the services that we paid TWE for. Then again, we did pre-plan many of the incidentals like the day of the wedding hair and make-up, as we did not see that as an option in our TWE agreement. I have posted a complete review of our daughter's wedding on the Liberty, and we can be counted in the pleased customer side of the ledger. I certainly have empathy for those brides and grooms that things did not work out as well. I can understand why you would not be pleased about your experience.

John & Shari

My fiance and are are now about one month away from our "AT SEA" wedding on the Golden Princess. I was contacted last week via phone, that everything was set, and I would receive another phone call in about two weeks to finalize all of the plans. After reading these boards for about a year, I was really surprised to get that phone call. I would also like to state that I have never called TWE and had to hold or received a busy signal, (it sounds like I have been very lucky so far). For those that are unterested Tia has been my coordinator since day one.

The main thing that my fiance and I liked about the cruise wedding was the simplicity of it. Basically I received a packet, checked the things we wanted, and faxed it back.

So far the downside for me has only been having to pay the entire cost of the package upfront. It would be more customer friendly to allow you to pay in full at the same time that you make final payment on your cruise. Just my thought!!!

For those of you that have had horrible experiences, I am truly sorry. I know that I would be devistated if something went wrong with my wedding, so please wish me luck. For those of you that have had wonderful experiences, I hope that I am as lucky as you!!

My fiance and are are now about one month away from our "AT SEA" wedding on the Golden Princess. I was contacted last week via phone, that everything was set, and I would receive another phone call in about two weeks to finalize all of the plans. After reading these boards for about a year, I was really surprised to get that phone call. I would also like to state that I have never called TWE and had to hold or received a busy signal, (it sounds like I have been very lucky so far). For those that are unterested Tia has been my coordinator since day one.

The main thing that my fiance and I liked about the cruise wedding was the simplicity of it. Basically I received a packet, checked the things we wanted, and faxed it back.

So far the downside for me has only been having to pay the entire cost of the package upfront. It would be more customer friendly to allow you to pay in full at the same time that you make final payment on your cruise. Just my thought!!!

For those of you that have had horrible experiences, I am truly sorry. I know that I would be devistated if something went wrong with my wedding, so please wish me luck. For those of you that have had wonderful experiences, I hope that I am as lucky as you!!

For my Celebrity Infinity wedding just last month, I didn't make a final payment until I completed my guest list (about 1.5 month prior). It was TWE who've been waiting for my final list and I delayed the process a little bit in getting the final complete list. When I first booked, I was asked to make the brochure pasic package price (for 2) for the port (Vancouver). It's odd to me how you can make a final payment upfront when you don't have a final guest number. My TWE contact, Ginette, helped me from day one until after I came back (received a refund for a canopy/chair rental promptly because it was too windy to do a deck wedding). I never received a phone call to confirm my wedding arrangement because I had been on close contact with Ginette by email whole time.

Please remember once onboard, you'll have cruise staff who'll do whatever to make your wedding special. Getting to know them was very helpful because not only at the wedding, throughout the entire cruise, my guests and I received so much help from them. My honeymoon was full of surprises and endless celebrations every day and night because of the cruise staff. That made my wedding and the entire cruising very special!:)

Please remember once onboard, you'll have cruise staff who'll do whatever to make your wedding special. Getting to know them was very helpful because not only at the wedding, throughout the entire cruise

This was my expereince also. Unfortunately this really only applies if you are not having a departure-day wedding.

I'm not judging anyone here. I'm just pointing out that the contract with TWE gives them total control and 0% liability.

That sounds like a line TWE might give... if they would have actually returned a call or email in the last 9 months. Sorry, we have 0% liability:p. That fits with the rest of the facts for our Princess wedding initiated with Aaron, and then followed up on by at least 4 others at TWE including Tia and Nelsy. When TWE made verbal and written "contracts" via emails and contacts from Aaron, I expect them to honor those contracts. While you seem OK with we'll (TWE) do what we want in the end irrespective of what you want, what we've (TWE) committed to in the past, and even what our (TWE's) contract states for terms, I'm not and legally that doesn't fly. There is no such thing as 0% liability, you seem to be confusing the fact they wish to remain unaccountable with the legal term liability. They are liable for honoring written changes they agree to and in fact sign off on. They are liable for providing items of "equal or greater value" (taken directly from their contract) when they make substitutions. They aren't liable for actually returning a contact such as a call or email, but man that would sure be nice when planning an event so minor as a wedding:rolleyes:. I'd suggest you be careful suggesting that the many of us here with problems are somehow covered by your incorrect interpretation of the contract, and your ignorance of what our situations are and the legal liabilities TWE is contractually bound by.

As for giving a name... I started off working with Aaron and since he left I've been working with Tia. She has been pleasant and consistently responds to my emails within a matter of hours (as Aaron did before her). I'm sailing on Princess and from what I understand, there are specific people working with specific cruise lines at TWE so I doubt this will help anyone who is not sailing with Princess.

What I find amazing is that people actually claim to have had weddings with no problems. We are getting married Aug. 21 on Princess, and we started with Aaron (who was competent, helpful and accountable), but unfortunately finding anyone at TWE that will honor the changes Aaron sent in writing is like pulling teeth, including Tia, who simply wouldn't return our emails or phone calls until we involved Princess, who had to speak directly to her while we were on hold, and Princess flat out told us they have problems with TWE all of the time when we pressed them about how dissatisfied we have been. They've "lost" our confirmation twice (which amazingly they did call about), but then after some time on the phone they "found" the "misplaced" letter. Our first two confirmation letters prior to those were wrong and we again had to involve Princess since we simply could not get TWE to contact us so Princess took down the list, called TWE, gave them the list, and told us to call them (Princess) back if it wasn't handled in 48 hours. As if I need to tell you, it wasn't so again we could not get ahold of anyone at TWE and AGAIN had to use Princess as a conduit to get anything done. It still isn't right, but it has been suggested to us that we should simply deal with the on-board wedding coordinator instead of pursuing the frivolity that is trying to get anything done right with TWE.

In the end, I'm inclined to believe the Princess staff persons, who have actually helped us with TWE, when they say that they have problems with TWE all of the time, and they (Princess) are "disgusted" with the way we've been treated.

Well, we are less than a month out from our wedding and we just got another email telling us that our latest coordinator has been transferred. This will now be the 4th coordinator to handle our arrangements!!!! If they don't see something horribly wrong with this, then maybe they are as "slow" as we suspected.

Over $2k for THIS? We have had to correct major problems, double check everything, call almost daily because they NEVER return phone calls. We are asking eachother every single day what the hell it is we paid for! Oh wait, I know.....to be even more stressed out than if we had just done everything ourselves.

We are still hopefull that things go smootly, but who can blame my bride for being a bit concerned, after the service we have recieved?!!

I was married on the Caribbean Princess 11/21/05, at sea and everything went flawlessly.

TWE was annoying; they were never available to answer questions when I had them and they gouged you for everything! They also were not timely in following up with paperwork that had to be completed...

Overall, I wish the cruiselines would stop farming out the wedding planning - because once we were onboard, our coordinator was Randall and he was absolutely WONDERFUL and put our minds at ease that everything would be fine. And... it was.

So, future brides and grooms, hang in there and just be extremely persistant and mindful of your due dates.

:)

We are still hopefull that things go smootly, but who can blame my bride for being a bit concerned, after the service we have recieved?!!

Dont you worry about venting here! There are plenty of us who are right there with you, and completely understand that it doesnt take a bridezilla to interpret RR/TWE as totally lacking as a company!

One thing that was loud and clear when reading the contract information is that I am giving up any control over the details and that anything can be changed by them at any time without any notice.

Just came upon this thread due to the thread header on the main page......did not even know the subject.........but I would like to ask one question to all who have dealt with this company or who are THINKING about dealing with them ?? Please help me understand why you would plan one of the most significant events of your life with a company whose policy states that YOU ARE GIVING UP ANY CONTROL OVER THE DETAILS OF YOUR OWN WEDDING and THAT ANYTHING CAN BE CHANGED BY THE COMPANY WITHOUT ANY NOTICE. We (esp. women) remember each and every detail of our wedding day..........forever.......the wonderful, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Why give your control of YOUR wedding away to a company that has such a policy ??? Why not just get married before the cruise or during the cruise in a port with a very reputable hotel ASSISTING YOU WITH THE DETAILS YOU ARE REQUESTING. gg

There are many reasons. Not everyone has a "dream wedding". I know I don't. I haven't been one of those girls who has dreamt about their wedding their whole life. I know I won't remember all the details of my wedding.

Also, having to pick every detail and have complete control over every aspect of "my day" sounds dreadful to me. I don't really care! I am not even excited about the wedding part. (except wearing my beautiful dress!) I just want to get to the vacation with my new husband and our friends and family around!

I think that the people who want complete control over every detail and every aspect should not be choosing a cruise wedding. It's the stress free component that attracted me to it. Whatever happens, happens.

There are many reasons. Not everyone has a "dream wedding". I know I don't. I haven't been one of those girls who has dreamt about their wedding their whole life. I know I won't remember all the details of my wedding.

Also, having to pick every detail and have complete control over every aspect of "my day" sounds dreadful to me. I don't really care! I am not even excited about the wedding part. (except wearing my beautiful dress!) I just want to get to the vacation with my new husband and our friends and family around!

I think that the people who want complete control over every detail and every aspect should not be choosing a cruise wedding. It's the stress free component that attracted me to it. Whatever happens, happens.

Well Said!!!

This pro/anti TWE thing has gotten annoying. I came on this board to vent about what happened to me and I was met with...

I must point out however that not every bride has had bad expriences with TWE--there are many people who have had great weddings through TWE.”

...which in my post I did say, however, how that some brides have good experiences makes a difference with what is happening to me, who knows.

“all the contract information states that they can change pricing, details, etc. at anytime without any notice”

“One thing that was loud and clear when reading the contract information is that I am giving up any control over the details and that anything can be changed by them at any time without any notice”

.... I had poor customer service, rude & lying reps, lost paperwork, and they charged me twice for a wedding I canceled 6 weeks ago..... What does that have to do with the contract?

My problems with this company had nothing to do with the planning of the wedding, I didnt even get to that part yet!! lol... this is my last post about this company. Please dont take it personally if you are going with them. I wish I could have, but it was a nightmare for me. We all want the same result.. to get married STRESS FREE!!!... thats why we chose cruise weddings over the other more traditional alternatives. :)

This pro/anti TWE thing has gotten annoying. I came on this board to vent about what happened to me and I was met with...

I must point out however that not every bride has had bad expriences with TWE--there are many people who have had great weddings through TWE.”

...which in my post I did say, however, how that some brides have good experiences makes a difference with what is happening to me, who knows.

“all the contract information states that they can change pricing, details, etc. at anytime without any notice”

“One thing that was loud and clear when reading the contract information is that I am giving up any control over the details and that anything can be changed by them at any time without any notice”

.... I had poor customer service, rude & lying reps, lost paperwork, and they charged me twice for a wedding I canceled 6 weeks ago..... What does that have to do with the contract?

My problems with this company had nothing to do with the planning of the wedding, I didnt even get to that part yet!! lol... this is my last post about this company. Please dont take it personally if you are going with them. I wish I could have, but it was a nightmare for me. We all want the same result.. to get married STRESS FREE!!!... thats why we chose cruise weddings over the other more traditional alternatives. :)

I didn't even get to the planning part with TWE either. I had the same troubles with the paperwork and such, so I completely understand.

Tara, do what you have to do to have the wedding of your dreams!! That's all that matters in the end. The only opinions that will affect that are your own, which you certainly are entitiled to!!!! :)

me "we want to do the keyboradist for an hour"

Robert "Sorry, we only do either a DJ or a live duo in Cabo"

me "how come it doesnt say that in the brochure"

Robert "I dont know"

me "can you please schedule a manicure and a pedicure for Monday?"

Robert "no, we cant do that"

me "I thought you offered the scheduling of salon services?"

Robert "we do hair and makeup appts, not manicure and perdicures"

Robert "I dont know"

me "How do I schedule my hair and makeup?"

Robert "We can do hair, but we dont do makeup in Cabo"

me "Why doesnt it say that in the brochure?"

Robert "I dont know"

me "I would like to do the hot and cold appetizers"

Robert "you cant do the hot and cold appetizers, you have 35 guests. You can only do the hot and cold appetizers if you have 32 or fewer guests"

Robert "I dont know"

Brochures are not worth the paper they're printed on. The only thing that counts is the contract.

Yikes!!! reading all these posts that go back and forth are scaring me!!! I booked our wedding over a month ago with TWE and I am still waiting for the paperwork to arrive. I even called to see where it was and at first they could not find any record of me booking but after looking a little longer, they said they found it. They said to expect the paperwork in a week....well its been over a week and still nothing....I am getting worried!!!!!!

So now you know why there are negative posts on this board and others. The only thing you can do is continue to call. Do they have any money from you yet? There is still time for you to bail out as long as no money has been paid. If you have paid then you are kinda backed into a corner because of penalties.

So now you know why there are negative posts on this board and others. The only thing you can do is continue to call. Do they have any money from you yet? There is still time for you to bail out as long as no money has been paid. If you have paid then you are kinda backed into a corner because of penalties.

You shouldn't encounter any MAJOR penalties (if any) if you cancel now because your wedding is a year away. It's definitely discouraging that you are getting this level of "service" (I use that term loosely in this case) at the very beginning of your planning. Good luck to you!

I cancelled 6 days after I paid, and I lost $395.. they wanted over 500 and I had to call and speack to 2 diffrent supervisors to get it lowered...lol... good luck!

Had you already applied for your license? That's why they stuck you for the money more than likely. They can't recoup the cost from the government. I cancelled before I had applied for our license and got a full refund. I cancelled about a week after I paid.

Yeah, I already paid. The sad part is that I know they are making a killing, esp on our party alone! We have opted for the beach ceremony and they charge an arm and a leg! We have over 50 people sailing with us and they are joining us on the beach for the ceremony. They charge per person to attend the ceremony. I would love to switch to an outside vendor but I dont think its possible...

I am including what our wedding package includes for our beach wedding on Maui.

Licensed Minister

Romantic Beach Setting-Baby Beach on Lahaina, Maui

2 Deluxe Wedding Leis

Wedding Certificate

Hand Tied Bridal Bouquet-Green Cumbidium and red orchids

Professional Photography - 36-4x6 prints (digital format)* and up to 2 hours of service

Includes 2 Complimentary 8x10's

Informal Presentation Album

6 inch wedding cake-vanilla cake with vanilla cream filling and Lilikoi filling [passion fruit] frosted with vanilla bean buttercream icing with matching wedding flowers. Cake is being done by award winning Maui Wedding Cakes.

Haku-floral wreath for hair with Green Cymbidum and red orchids

Table and non-alcoholic champagne with table cloth, plates, napkins, forks and server along with champagne glasses for 6.

On site coordinator

Coordination/Marriage License Appointment-cost is 65.00, no waiting period

Total-$785.00 plus tax

I made sure that the wedding planner had an excellant reputation and references before I committed.

Yeah, I already paid. The sad part is that I know they are making a killing, esp on our party alone! We have opted for the beach ceremony and they charge an arm and a leg! We have over 50 people sailing with us and they are joining us on the beach for the ceremony. They charge per person to attend the ceremony. I would love to switch to an outside vendor but I dont think its possible...

Why is it not possible?

Archived