Disappointed about e-docs

Effie

I planned our last three cruises.

My husband planned this one. I was excited. He'd never really planned any of our vacations.

I waited for the docs. I waited and waited. The docs in the mailbox always signal "It's just about time for your cruise. Get excited now! Time to do the doc dance."

The docs never showed. Two weeks before the cruise I started getting worried enough to ask my husband if he thought something was wrong. I went online to look at the Carnival site. That's where and when I realized he clicked the "we'll take e-docs please" button. No docs in the mail.

Took me to a bad place. Now the cruise is only a week away and I've not had my signal to get excited yet. Seems like we aren't really going on a cruise. We printed out the docs on the home printer but just seems like plain pieces of paper signaling nothing exciting.

Anyone else have trouble getting excited with "home made documents"?? :)

Help! What can I do (barring spending a chunk of money buying a fun new caribbean wardrobe) to get that "feeling"? We also usually do a countdown. Haven't done that this time either.

I'm afraid of the same thing happening so made sure I pressed the button to received docs in the mail. Printing them up is just not the same. We should be receiving ours in the next couple of weeks.

I realized he clicked the "we'll take e-docs please" button. No docs in the mail.

Took me to a bad place. Now the cruise is only a week away and I've not had my signal to get excited yet. Seems like we aren't really going on a cruise. We printed out the docs on the home printer but just seems like plain pieces of paper signaling nothing exciting.

Not me. I'm as excited about our upcoming cruise as I was about our very first, and the docs make no difference. I went the e doc route this time around because I felt it was quicker/easier/less waste, and I'm anxiously counting down the days. As soon as it's officially less than a month, I'll REALLY start to get excited. Memories of past cruises and anticipation of the cruise to come are what get me excited - the documents make up only a miniscule fraction of the excitement.

I like having control of all my documents and online is great for me, I used a 2" binder separated everything and color coded it.

I took Carnivals logo printed it out in color and slid it on the front cover,

so I have the e-doc's in 1, Airline tickets(online) docs in 1, Hotel (online)in 1 and travel insurance (online) in 1.

I also color coded my luggage tags laminated them and I'll put them on when we leave the hotel.

My DW say I'm whacked and I have to much time on my hands it all took about 2 hours and I'm ready to leave NOW..yet I have another month.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

E-doc's just makes life a lot easier in my opinion. We have gotten our docs in the mail and e-doc's. It seems like all you do is wait till they arrive and worry if they will arive. With the edoc's just click print and you have them. Also it has to cut down on the cost to the cruise line with the e-doc's. Anything to keep the cost down makes sence to me.

hey everyone here's the deal....its the way of the future....while waiting on Snail mail to get here with my docs..I always had the sinking feeling that they MAY not get there....Well...they are in the computer now...I have NO WORRIES...its not a big deal...just because they are edocs doesnt make it any less of a cruuise!

its not a big deal...just because they are edocs doesnt make it any less of a cruuise!

:) Didn't say it was a BIG deal nor did I say it makes it any less of a cruise once there. :) Just said it's different not getting the documents since this is my first time printing them off. Also asked if there was a tradition of sorts you do that takes the place of waiting on the docs (before waiting on the dock). :)

I think I'll start a countdown with the kids... 7 days! Whoohoo!

KMA0455 - I think your DW is probably right but at least you have everything organized and ready to go. I'm jealous.

Nitz64 - I agree. Anything to keep the prices down. Paper, ink, printing and mailing costs them a lot. Just hope they're passing along to us in the future.

Rowan555 - I think the memories are what have me most excited. No cruise can be a bad cruise, I know.

Libertycruiser - LOL - I'll have to drop the hint!

I get excited just thinking about planning to go on a cruise!!!! By the time the docs arrive I feel like a kid the night before a trip to Disney.

Nothing's changed. The anticipation begins with the first thought of taking my next cruise. Nothing has to be lost by having e-tickets! (Not even the tickets.) :D

Decide on a printing date, perhaps three weeks out, and do the Doc Dance while your Fun Pass is printing out on your desk!!!

The docs makes no difference to me either. As long as I am at the port in time.

However, I think for my DD and DH sake, I marked both ways of receiving docs.

I am just as excited today as I was when I booked the cruise in Feb, and we don't sail till Sept 15.

Getting supplies alrady, edocs printed just in case, and everything in a nice little notebook folder ready to go.

The OP likes to receive the docs in the mail and so do I. I started my countdown at 186 days and it's down to less than 26 now. I made sure I did not press the e-docs button and it has always said docs will be mailed. I have yet to receive them, and even though I'm looking forward to it, once I get them in the mail my heart will race, blood pressure go up, etc., just like when my New York Jets season tickets come in the mail.

:D

19-0 This is our year!

I like having control of all my documents and online is great for me, I used a 2" binder separated everything and color coded it.

I took Carnivals logo printed it out in color and slid it on the front cover,

so I have the e-doc's in 1, Airline tickets(online) docs in 1, Hotel (online)in 1 and travel insurance (online) in 1.

I also color coded my luggage tags laminated them and I'll put them on when we leave the hotel.

My DW say I'm whacked and I have to much time on my hands it all took about 2 hours and I'm ready to leave NOW..yet I have another month.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

KMA you are awesome!!! A woman after my own heart!!! People don't understand "list makers!!" like us.:rolleyes:

I planned our last three cruises.

My husband planned this one. I was excited. He'd never really planned any of our vacations.

I waited for the docs. I waited and waited. The docs in the mailbox always signal "It's just about time for your cruise. Get excited now! Time to do the doc dance."

The docs never showed. Two weeks before the cruise I started getting worried enough to ask my husband if he thought something was wrong. I went online to look at the Carnival site. That's where and when I realized he clicked the "we'll take e-docs please" button. No docs in the mail.

Help! What can I do (barring spending a chunk of money buying a fun new caribbean wardrobe) to get that "feeling"? We also usually do a countdown. Haven't done that this time either.

this is one very good reason I always plan the vacation, not that my dh couldn't do it, but there are somethings that just "make it real" for me. and getting my docs is one of them!

I'm afraid of the same thing happening so made sure I pressed the button to received docs in the mail. Printing them up is just not the same. We should be receiving ours in the next couple of weeks.

I will be on the same sailing, I am looking forward to getting my docs in the mail soon also.

Archived