in cain babysitting on RCL

jsscualaw

We are planning a cruise for jan. I have a two year old. I'm wondering if anyone has had a problem geting an in-cabin babysitter on RCL. The website says they can't guarantee. I'm trying to deciede between RCL and NCL. RCL has a toddler pool but he can go in the kids club on NCL. I actually like the idea of in-cabin sitting b/c he has a real early bedtime and we could just put him to bed and go out for the night. On NCL he could go to kids club but he would be up late and be cranky. I'd hate to be stuck in the room every night b/c RCL doesn't actually have sitters.

putting the babysitting issue aside, which ship do you think is better for a two year old? We are looking at the NCL Dawn or the Freedom of the Seas, or Liberty of the Seas on RCL.

Thanks! I've cruised a ton, but never with a toddler.

Personally I think nothing can beat Freedom/Liberty as far as the ship is concerned. I talked to the pursers desk about in cabin sitting and they said "Just give us 24 hours notice". I haven't seen any problems with it yet. And if there were problems, people would come here to complain about it...lol

Here are some pictures from the Freedom

Baby Zone...

FOScopy.jpg

ADULT only solarium....heaven!

600791-R1-13-56A_014.jpg

H20 Zone

IMG_0724.jpg

Our balcony (GS 1298)

IMG_0717.jpg

The 3 level dining room

IMG_0750.jpg

RCCL babysitting, $8 an hour.

Arrange it thru the pursers desk. You can ask for all the nights you want up front or go the 24 hour nitice by 24 hour notice plan.

Worked out great for us!

Archived