Report - Hyatt Downtown Long Beach by CJW

First of all, you are cracking me up in the best way!:D

Secondly, I think in general that if anyone has a specific hotel in the downtown Long Beach area that they have points, or they are "fans" of a specific hotel chain - then my advice in general on this thread holds.

The difference, and why I've chosen the Hyatt to focus on and highlight here, is because the Hyatt is the best location, and most convenience for walking distance of all of the benefits right in the area.

If you are a big fan of The Hilton, or The Renaissance, or The Westin - they are all good decent hotels of their caliber for the area.

Just none of those (currently) including the Hyatt here, cater to cruisers.

They are catering to basically business people going to the Convention Center.

Just look at the map above to see the location of these different hotels.

You can see that Hyatt is directly walking distance to several things.

The others are either a really far walk (which are LONG LA blocks as opposed to short Manhattan blocks), so just either plan to walk further, or maybe get taxis.

Other option (but then see, in my way of thinking you are losing the convenience factor here) get on the local Free Passport city bus, which will take you around.

www.lbtransit.com

All are fine alternatives, I'm just here to try my best to give people the reality so that they can manage their expectations.

Different things work or are good for different people, so just take it all for what it is; and choose what is important to you!

(This is not just info to you, but also to any people reading this in the future for general info);)

I hope that this helps.

CJW

I agree with the Hyatt having the best location...but i think the Hilton definitely appeals to cruisers!! They have the best park and cruise package!! For $89 you get to park your car during the cruise and they provide a shuttle to get you to the port! It was so simple...if you dont need the extras i have got them on priceline for $56 before!

• 4 weeks later...

We are looking at many possibilities for our precruise which is November 2009.

The Hyatt, from what I am reading on these boards, sure has the convenience factor for things to do in Long Beach. So far, the hotels website seems to offer the best rate for what we want at approx. $445 for two nights.

For anyone in the know, will there be specials for this hotel, would I be best to just monitor the prices? Is there a time in the next coming months when there could be a price drop?

Thanks.

Archived