dress code questions

scottie86

Sorry know this has prob been asked loads but have a couple questions on this.

1, on nights formal and informal nights if my boyfriend is hot are jackets allowed to be taken of?

2, on smart casual nights would i get away with wearing a tartan skirt with a dressy top?

3, is ankle lenght dresses a requirement on formal nights?

1, on nights formal and informal nights if my boyfriend is hot are jackets allowed to be taken of?
Yes, I have done so in the past (some people gave me odd looks but they obviously have personal issues). I usually do not wear a jacket on informal nights.
2, on smart casual nights would i get away with wearing a tartan skirt with a dressy top?
I see no reason why not
3, is ankle lenght dresses a requirement on formal nights?
I don't think it is a 'requirement', I have seen some people wearing knee length (or some even shorter) dresses on formal night. Julie would wear a mixture of knee and full length dresses (not at the same time though)

Ken

Sorry know this has prob been asked loads but have a couple questions on this.

3, is ankle length dresses a requirement on formal nights?

1. Not usual at the dinner Table. However because of the air-conditioning it never gets very hot. Indeed I have seen comments regarding the a/c making it a little cool. After dinner no problem

2. Yes, we often find that in smart casual / Informal the ladies are very well dressed and there is often little to choose between the two. I always find that dress code determines more what men should wear rather than the ladies, who always superb

3. No

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

There is a certain standard of decorum expected on P&O. If you are suggesting such behaviour, then the dining room is not the appropriate place. These antics should be kept within the confines of your cabin.;)

David

ps sorry, did you mean if he was too warm?:D

There is a certain standard of decorum expected on P&O. If you are suggesting such behaviour, then the dining room is not the appropriate place. These antics should be kept within the confines of your cabin.

David

ps sorry, did you mean if he was too warm?:D

I think a cold shower is called for here:mad:

:rolleyes: Happy Cruising :rolleyes:

Dai

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. You are asked to conform but you are a paying passenger so provided you don't disturb other guests you have a right to be comfortable.

On the Constellation on an informal night, jackets and ties, we had daytime temperatures in the 30s in the Baltic and dinner at 6. I did wear a jacket in the dining room but it was marginal as I was hot and the ship had not cooled down.

Yes. You are asked to conform but you are a paying passenger so provided you don't disturb other guests you have a right to be comfortable.

On the Constellation on an informal night, jackets and ties, we had daytime temperatures in the 30s in the Baltic and dinner at 6. I did wear a jacket in the dining room but it was marginal as I was hot and the ship had not cooled down.

I find that the A/c on P&O ships keeps the temperature quite cool even on the hottest of days. In the Caribbean it was always good to get back on to the ship to cool down.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

Dai

Archived