Kennels on QM2

cruiserdru

Does QM2 still have kennels? Does anyone know what it costs to take your pet on a trip? Since the pet stays on the boat are there any issues with quarantine?

We have a large dog who is very needy (he is a rescue) and we are wondering if it is a viable option to take him on our Caribbean cruise on 12/10? When we did our TA a couple of years ago there were several dogs in the kennels and they really seemed to be happy.

Has anybody done this??

I was told only on crossings...not at all on cruises. I share your problem as it's very hard for us to leave our guy too. He's not needy, just incredibly bonded with us and I left last year with a huge guilt trip. We had him in a fabulous place where he had one attendant assigned to him. She worked him every day on his therapy dog obedience work and emailed me every night on the ship with a daily report. He seemed to have a great time which amazed us so we feel better this year about going. Unfortunately we can't leave him in the same place this time as our departure port is different but I'm sure if you do some research you'll find a caring place for him.

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

Does QM2 still have kennels? Does anyone know what it costs to take your pet on a trip? Since the pet stays on the boat are there any issues with quarantine?

We have a large dog who is very needy (he is a rescue) and we are wondering if it is a viable option to take him on our Caribbean cruise on 12/10? When we did our TA a couple of years ago there were several dogs in the kennels and they really seemed to be happy.

Has anybody done this??

Kennels are available only for transatlantic crossings. We took our cat over and back with us last year, a small kennel cost $300. each way. You are right that there were no quarantine issues, but you must have an up-to-date record of shots. Sorry that your dog won't be able to join you in the Caribbean.

Paul

Not only are dogs not allowed on cruises, but large dogs are barred anyway - we could not have taken our curly coated retriever had we wished to as he was too large.

Not that he'd have wanted to come. He was always booked into his own suite and given royal jelly by his "hotel" - where he was always happy. Didn't even give us a backwards glance when we left him, unless there was an audience when he put on his parts.

I never felt guilty leaving him - and it would have been far preferable for him to be in his suite than to be on a lumpy sea all alone. Yes - I know there is a kennel chap, but those evenings are long.....

He's no longer with us, but I don't have a single regret leaving him when we went away.

Matthew

Archived