Carnival Holiday cabin

cruisinlawn

...looking to book a last minute, rates are too good to pass up..I can get an OV all the way forward on Upper or mid-ship OV but it is directly across from the elevator. Or...I can get porthole on Riviera but obviously it is really all the way forward. Was wondering about noise level from elevators at mid or waves crashing against hull forward. Have been on several sailings but never stayed that far forward, always stay mid away from elevators.

I'm sure we don't want to go aft from bits I have read here, plus we sailed Jubilee years ago, stayed aft and was very noisey with lots of vibration.

I know Upper will sandwich us between pax decks. Any info is appreciated. Oh, I have also posted this on 'cabin' forum. Thanks.

I've had M6 porthole cabin three times on the Holiday. Love it...obviously, or I wouldn't book it.:) As far as elevators, I've had only one inside cabin, and it backed up to an elevator.....no noise at all. Being far foward has it's advantages. It's very quiet in that area, and it's a little trek to the elevators - thus making 'walking off the excess calories' a plus.:D

...looking to book a last minute, rates are too good to pass up..I can get an OV all the way forward on Upper or mid-ship OV but it is directly across from the elevator. Or...I can get porthole on Riviera but obviously it is really all the way forward. Was wondering about noise level from elevators at mid or waves crashing against hull forward. Have been on several sailings but never stayed that far forward, always stay mid away from elevators.

I'm sure we don't want to go aft from bits I have read here, plus we sailed Jubilee years ago, stayed aft and was very noisey with lots of vibration.

I know Upper will sandwich us between pax decks. Any info is appreciated. Oh, I have also posted this on 'cabin' forum. Thanks.

On our last two cruises, we were aft and had no problems. In fact on our cruise to Hawaii, we were on the back of the ship, and that is pretty much as aft as you can get. It was very quiet, great state room. As fat a vibration goes, did not notice as I have never slept so well. I guess it just depends on what/where you want to be. We are all different in what makes us happy.

Just returned last Saturday from a cruise on the Holiday. We were in E-160, which is pretty far aft; no noise (except Camp Carnival kids occasionally), and no vibration (except when docking). We were once in M-3, all the way forward and did feel and hear a lot of crashing against the bow in rough seas. Given the choices that you have presented, I'd go with the midship cabin near the elevator. I've never had any experience with noise associated with the ships elevators (lifts would be the correct term, lol).

We have been in a cabin on the Holiday very close to the elevator with a large picture window twice and loved it both times. No more hallway noise than any other cabin. We have had friends in the porthole cabin and the porthole was up too high to look out plus they take the brunt of any rough seas.

Happy Sailing.

I've had M6 porthole cabin three times on the Holiday. Love it...obviously, or I wouldn't book it.:) As far as elevators, I've had only one inside cabin, and it backed up to an elevator.....no noise at all. Being far foward has it's advantages. It's very quiet in that area, and it's a little trek to the elevators - thus making 'walking off the excess calories' a plus.:D

Mornng Cotton.....in just four short weeks, I will be enjoying that

very cabin on the Holiday. I am really looking forward to the cruise.

I never did find any actual pictures of M-6 despite lots of looking.

If you have any-- can you email them to me at alcdc @ aol. com?

I know that after my return, I will have pictures of that cabin, but I

am curious and would like to see it in advance.

Thanks!

........We have had friends in the porthole cabin and the porthole was up too high to look out plus they take the brunt of any rough seas.

I'm only 5'1", and I can see out the portholes just fine. There's also a little shelf/ledge to sit on. That's where I sit and have my first cuppa coffee in the morning and my last glass of wine at night.:)

Mornng Cotton.....in just four short weeks, I will be enjoying that

very cabin on the Holiday.

I was there only a coupla weeks ago - I think you'll enjoy that cabin!

If you have any-- can you email them to me at alcdc @ aol. com?

I wish I could help. I'm such a ditz, I don't even know how to send photos.:rolleyes:

Archived