cruise to nowhere

xan51090

Good Morning, Goodlooking!

Your post reminded me of when I was in the audio/video business. I had a customer, he's the father of a famous jazz musician and he liked one particular Jazz radio station that he could not receive good reception.

He lives in this huge late 19th century hacienda style house, I ended up installing a custom-built monster of an FM antenna in his attic, literally converting his attic into an antenna array! Some things people do for GOOD JAZZ! This was in the days of pre-XM or Sirrius Satellite Radio.

To OP, if you are taking a cruise to nowhere, I am sure it will be just as fun as a regular cruise, albeit a short one at that, BUT, it is wishful thinking that alchohol is included!

Another thing to keep in mind, if you have to travel/drive a a long distance to get to the ship, it might not be worth the hassle of taking a cruise that in effect is just an overnight sailing.

Just the Captain's opinion, others may very well beg to differ.

Happy cruising everyone :)

Good morning to you too Captain. :) You are up quite early. :p

the days before all the fancy technology.....remember the rabbit ears on the top of the TV set....LOL!!!! :p

Yes, to the OP....it is definitely not worth it, if you have to drive far or fly to get to the port for a CTN. Since I live in NYC, I just took a cab but otherwise I wouldn't have done it.

To whomever asked - CTNs aren't offered on a regular basis. I've seen Carnival offer a one night, as well as two nights.

The 2 night CTN I took out of N.O. was a last minute deal - my PVP called me four days prior, and I booked it for a total of $169 (and that was w/the single supplement!) It was 'way too good to pass up.

I wouldn't do it again, however. Just too short a time, even though I only had to drive just over an hour to N.O.

You're only on board for 1.5 days. Seems I was just getting on board when it was time to get off. Had a good time, but was just too much hassle to me.;)

To whomever asked - CTNs aren't offered on a regular basis. I've seen Carnival offer a one night, as well as two nights.

The 2 night CTN I took out of N.O. was a last minute deal - my PVP called me four days prior, and I booked it for a total of $169 (and that was w/the single supplement!) It was 'way too good to pass up.

I wouldn't do it again, however. Just too short a time, even though I only had to drive just over an hour to N.O.

You're only on board for 1.5 days. Seems I was just getting on board when it was time to get off. Had a good time, but was just too much hassle to me.;)

Cotton, didn't know Carnival offered a 1 night CTN. I know NCL does, but didn't know about Carnival. A 1 night would definitely not be worth it. Comes to maybe 12 hours onboard. :(

Cotton, didn't know Carnival offered a 1 night CTN. I know NCL does, but didn't know about Carnival. A 1 night would definitely not be worth it. Comes to maybe 12 hours onboard. :(

I agree, Sandi. 'Way too short a time, no matter what amount of $$.

I've had friends from N.O. who went on a Carnival one nighter. They asked me to join them, but no way. LOL

I agree, Sandi. 'Way too short a time, no matter what amount of $$.

I've had friends from N.O. who went on a Carnival one nighter.

I doubt I would even do the 2 nighter again. The 8 nighter got me hooked on long cruises. :p

Archived