Soda card

loviegirl26

Now you are confusing even me. ;)

You can use your soda card IN the dining room. You *may* have to present it, but you can still use it. The card is good to use ANYWHERE soda is being served and that includes the dining room. The only place it says you can't use it is in Room Service. But where does it say you can't use it in the dining room?

Well, Cruisinmama, I coulda sworn it was noted on our menu last weekend. Maybe it was just no free soda??? To be honest I saw the note and just glanced over it, since both our kids were having TOO MUCH FUN at Camp Carnival/Club O2 to be bothered with eating with mom and dad. :rolleyes:

And too, the first weekend of August combined with about 160 family reunion groups, made for about 60 bajillion kids on board. :p Maybe getting sodas in the dining room would have been an overload for the wait staff? Don't know. They definitely were only serving iced tea, water and lemonade that I saw. They promised that bar staff would come around, but we saw NONE until about 15 minutes before our last dinner ended. Sorry if I confused the issue!

Do you think the kids can get Shirley Temples with the card?

Yes they can. Both my son and his girlfriend had Shirley Temples all week long with dinner.Sometimes 2 if the bar waitress made it back around again before dinner was over.

Geez, with the mentality that some express the photos also cost only pennies to print, so why not purchase one or two and then take a few more? No one would do this, but it does reflect a cost shift from the actual price of the cruise to the items of consumption; drinks, alcohol, photos, gambling, shore excursions, spa treatments, etc.

Nobody would do this huh? lol Why do you think they put the anti theft things on the backs of the pictures?:eek:

Bill

Wow! Going back to the people that talked about getting pineapple juice, do you think it would be too crazy to ask for something that resembled a virgin pina colada? I would hate to tell you how many of those things I order per cruise. It's definitely my non-alcoholic vacation drink (to balance out the Bailey's that I have in the evening :) ). If I could do something like that, the soda card wouod definitely be worth it. I have only purchased a soda card once on Carnival because I personally do NOT like canned sodas. I wold appreciate anyone's ideas about the the virgin pina coladas...

I got this in an email this morning from a fellow board member...current as of 8/5/07.

Fountain Fun Card

We will offer to all guests the option to purchase a "Fountain Fun Card" which will allow the guest unlimited soft drinks and juices for the duration of the cruise at a one time purchase price (including 15% gratuities). The Fountain Fun Card can be purchased at any bar on board the ship.

In all locations where beverage service is offered, guests may receive a glass of the soft drink or juice of their choice - one glass will be served at a time and only to the guest whose name appears on the card. The card cannot be used through room service.

NOTE: A 15% gratuity will automatically be added on at the time of purchase of the Fountain Fun Card.

Cruise Duration Under 18 Adult

2-day cruise: $ 8.00 $11.00

3-day cruise: $12.00 $16.50

4-day cruise: $16.00 $22.00

5-day cruise: $20.00 $27.50

6-day cruise: $24.00 $33.00

7-day cruise: $28.00 $38.50

8-day cruise: $32.00 $44.00

12-day cruise: $48.00 $66.00

15-day cruise: $60.00 $82.50

Good info for those that like soft drinks.

Well, Cruisinmama, I coulda sworn it was noted on our menu last weekend. Maybe it was just no free soda??? To be honest I saw the note and just glanced over it, since both our kids were having TOO MUCH FUN at Camp Carnival/Club O2 to be bothered with eating with mom and dad. :rolleyes:

And too, the first weekend of August combined with about 160 family reunion groups, made for about 60 bajillion kids on board. :p Maybe getting sodas in the dining room would have been an overload for the wait staff? Don't know. They definitely were only serving iced tea, water and lemonade that I saw. They promised that bar staff would come around, but we saw NONE until about 15 minutes before our last dinner ended. Sorry if I confused the issue!

That's ok, I just needed to double check cause my hubby will only drink soda and we leave in 11 days (Sensation)...so I'll be sure to report back if they don't let him use his soda card in the dining room. :D

That's ok, I just needed to double check cause my hubby will only drink soda and we leave in 11 days (Sensation)...so I'll be sure to report back if they don't let him use his soda card in the dining room. :D

They DEFINATELY let you use your soda card inthe dining room. Our table mate/also cruise buddy purchased a soda card on her first day of our cruise, and that evening at dinner she showed her card and asked for a coke. Every evening after, when she arrived the "drink waitress" ((wines, soda, etc.) immediately brought her another coke.

Have a great cruise!;)

Michelle, my DD always used her soda card in the Dr. even in the buffet area. when the waiter comes around just tell them you want a coke. or go to the nearest bar and get one.

good Grief, you can buy a 12 pk for $3.00. Maybe they will let me bring some diet coke aboard the Destiny. I did the last time I sailed on the Fantasy.
Yes, you can bring your Diet Coke on the ship if you prefer. We'd rather just buy the FF card for our 15 y/o son so we don't have to worry about it. We drink iced tea, juice or buy something alcoholic for ourselves. :D

Archived