Leaving from BALTIMORE!

Seester

Here is a link to the Maryland Port Administration website. I has all the info you need. We left from Baltimore last October. The passenger terminal is easy to find and well marked. The guards at the entrance will direct you where to go. http://www.marylandports.com/cruises/DirSeagirt.htm . Enjoy your cruise. :cool:

Is there an area to meet the rest of your party? Like a coffee shop.

Don't imagine a set up like Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. This is a cargo port and they have not built a true cruise ship terminal. There is a waiting area inside the terminal building with chairs. I don'It think it would be hard to find someone. I was on two Celebrity sailings and they had it set up different the second time from the first. Carnival could have their own set up. In the waiting room they did have an area to purchase hot dogs and sodas that was done by the port. I don't know if they do that for the Carnival sailings.

We're also going on the Miracle out of Baltimore. (10/24) Took a drive down there a couple of weeks ago to see where to go & what to expect. Found the port very easily & actually watched the " Grandeur of the Seas" leaving port. There was a security guard at the gate & he said it costs

$7/ day to park.

Hey- you have cruised quite a bit! I've only been one other time, on Holland America.. a few years ago..Looking forward to this one.. we are like 40 days away! How far are you from Baltimore?? Have you gotten your documents yet?? Still waiting here....... Let the countdown begin.... 40... 39 (tomorrow) ....

We are in Clarksburg, WV, about 3 and a half hours away. How about you? Of all the cruises we've done this will be the first within a "day of the cruise" drive. Even those we have driven to, like New York, we always go a day or two before. No docs here or anything yet. Probably another couple of weeks for that. Can't wait!

Hi Seester..

I cruised out of Baltimore last October, and the only other experience I had was out of Miami previous to that on Carnival.

This time it was Celebrity. The ship coming in was late, and had some delays with Immigration. We waited in the large seating area, where you could buy some snacks (hot dogs, etc.) By the time we got onboard, muster was already in progress. Never made it to that. On the return trip, it took us SEVERAL HOURS to get off the ship. They had us all waiting in different areas. That was the only bad thing of the cruise. Baltimore did not seem to have the expertise that Miami had during embarkation and debarkation. The Galaxy was beautiful, service wonderful and excursions the best.

Just go on with a smile, expect some delays, and be pleasantly surprised if they don't occur. Enjoy!!!

Karen

We are about an hour from Baltimore- right outside of DC. We will leave EARLY, to make sure there are NO unexpected delays.. and if weather is bad, even earlier. I'd rather be there waiting, than sitting around the house waiting! 39 and counting..Woo Hoo

Seester.. you are gonna have a wonderful time! Baltimore is so much easier than flying! I live in Fairfax County, and it didn't take long at all to get there. The parking is cool.. $7 a day.. I am leaving out of Miami this time, hoping to go a day early instead of running for flights. But either way -- a cruise is a cruise!!!! We both are gonna live it! lol

You sound like you're from around the same area as me! Enjoy!!!

Karen

Hi Snowball, question for you. What is the situation when you park? Is there a shuttle (like at the airport), or is it easier to get dropped off?? Don't mind paying the $10 per day, just not sure what to expect after we actually park the car, with the luggage, etc.. THANKS FOR ANY INFORMATION!!

Seester

Archived