Carnival vs RCL out og Galveston?

My girlfrind and I are going on her first cruise this year. This will be my third but they were some time ago. We are pretty much bound to Galveston as a port and are trying to decide between these 2 particular ships both RCL and Carnival. I would appreciate any comments about the conquest or the RCL ships specifically in Galveston. We are in our 50s and will not be bringing any children.

Our first cruise was on Conquest and we thought it was wonderful. We also did Splendor of the Seas (RCCL) out of Galveston and we also thought that one was wonderful too. We didn't have to walk as far on Splendor because it's a smaller ship than Conquest. I would go on each of them again. Pick the ports that you want to visit and go on that ship.

I don't think you can go wrong w/ either ship. We have been on the Conquest 3x (twice out of Galveston), on Splendour once & Rhapsody twice. I would look at the ports & cost & decide from there. Have fun!!

Archived