New to RCCL

emsapb

I just booked my first cruise on RCCL. I have cruised many times on Princess and Celebrity. What's primarily different about RCCL as compared to Princess and Celebrity?? I would like to know what to expect.

Thanks for your help with this.

Ei

I just booked my first cruise on RCCL. I have cruised many times on Princess and Celebrity. What's primarily different about RCCL as compared to Princess and Celebrity?? I would like to know what to expect.

Thanks for your help with this.

Ei

It really depends on what is important to you on a cruise. For us, we like RCI the best for a few reasons:

1. We think the staff on RCI is the friendlist and most outgoing. Love the pool service, drinks on the top of their heads, drink of the day (Princess did not do this on Crown this year).

2. Gym Hours - for me a biggie - 6 or 6:30 on RCI, 7 on Princess

3. Layout - like the layout on RCI better than Princess and Celebrity

4. Cafe - did not like the layout of the cafe on Cronw Princess at all. Very closed in. Horizon Court on RCI is very open and seems to flow pretty smoothly.

Food is not that big of a deal for us - it is pretty good on all ships - but the fruit on Crown this year was horrible - strawberries were rotten - never have had problems with fresh fruit on Royal. For me, that was a bit thing since I don't eat regular breakfast foods, usually just fresh fruit.

We have done 1 Celebrity and 2 Princess and many RCI. There is a reason - to us RCI is just hands down better.

My Auntie prefers RCCL to any other line. The only things that she said Princess had over RCCL were the rooms (balcony) and the Horizon court that was open 24/7. She said the food and entertainment was better on RCCL. She really missed the promenade as well.

Just another opinion is all. I'm yet to experience RCCL but am looking very much forward to it.

We've done 2 Princess and 2 Celebrity. We'd consider Princess again but not Celebrity as we found it overrated and overpriced. I enjoy salads at noon and what we found on Celebrity was a little stale iceberg lettuce with the usual salad bar vegetables. The soups in the dining room were little more than flavored water. We have no complaints at all about Princess but much prefer Royal Caribbean. We're seniors so it's certainly not a party-hardy atmosphere that appeals to us. The RCI ships are breathtaking and so well laid out. (Celebrity cabins don't compare to either RCI or Princess as far as design and storage.) Princess does, however, have the more exotic itineraries in some cases. We now have over 5 cruises with RCI so the past passenger discounts kick in plus our stockholder credits, etc. We think it pays to stick with one cruise line and for us, it will be RCI.

I sailed the Caribbean Princess a few weeks ago (end of June) and just came off of the Explorer of the Seas (RCI) and agree pretty much with Karena1.

1. We think the staff on RCI is the friendlist and most outgoing. When going into the Windjammer buffet the staff greet you with a smile and a greeting. On Princess they were very cold greeting you without a smile almost like it was a effort

2. Layout - like the layout on RCI better than Princess and Celebrity. This was the subject of conversation among many passengers. On the Princess ship we spend lots of time going up, down, up again trying find a resturant or lounge.

3. Cafe - Layout of the Horizon cafe on the Princess was terriblel. They have different stations but so close to gether and so tight it was difficult to manuver around. Windjammer on RCI is very open and flows pretty smoothly.

4. Cafe again - Royal Caribbean has a much larger selction of food at the buffets. On Princess is was very limited. Food itself is a matter of opinion and in my opinion Royal; Caribbean was better

It really depends on what is important to you on a cruise. For us, we like RCI the best for a few reasons:

1. We think the staff on RCI is the friendlist and most outgoing. Love the pool service, drinks on the top of their heads, drink of the day (Princess did not do this on Crown this year).

2. Gym Hours - for me a biggie - 6 or 6:30 on RCI, 7 on Princess

3. Layout - like the layout on RCI better than Princess and Celebrity

4. Cafe - did not like the layout of the cafe on Cronw Princess at all. Very closed in. Horizon Court on RCI is very open and seems to flow pretty smoothly.

Food is not that big of a deal for us - it is pretty good on all ships - but the fruit on Crown this year was horrible - strawberries were rotten - never have had problems with fresh fruit on Royal. For me, that was a bit thing since I don't eat regular breakfast foods, usually just fresh fruit.

We have done 1 Celebrity and 2 Princess and many RCI. There is a reason - to us RCI is just hands down better.

I totally agree about the layout of the Crown Pincess in the Horizon Court..it creates traffic jams. Also the Crown has very little shade on the pool deck which is a must for me. Their jogging track has a high steel wall so you can't see the ocean..very poor idea in my opinion. I found the activities last summer on the Crown very poor & the dining room has no wow factor like RCCL or Celebrity. Everyone has their own priorities but I will be sticking with RCCL or Celebrity for now.

On Celebrity, folks stay dressed up for the whole evening more, on RCL it tends to be for dinner with many changing afterward.

The average age on RCL is about ten years less than X.

Many more activities scheduled.

I sailed the Caribbean Princess a few weeks ago (end of June) and just came off of the Explorer of the Seas (RCI) and agree pretty much with Karena1.

1. We think the staff on RCI is the friendlist and most outgoing. When going into the Windjammer buffet the staff greet you with a smile and a greeting. On Princess they were very cold greeting you without a smile almost like it was a effort

2. Layout - like the layout on RCI better than Princess and Celebrity. This was the subject of conversation among many passengers. On the Princess ship we spend lots of time going up, down, up again trying find a resturant or lounge.

3. Cafe - Layout of the Horizon cafe on the Princess was terriblel. They have different stations but so close to gether and so tight it was difficult to manuver around. Windjammer on RCI is very open and flows pretty smoothly.

4. Cafe again - Royal Caribbean has a much larger selction of food at the buffets. On Princess is was very limited. Food itself is a matter of opinion and in my opinion Royal; Caribbean was better

We too were just on our 5th Princess cruise in July and are looking forward to trying RCCL for the first time in February. We were underhwhelmed with the attitude and service on the Island Princess with the exception of our waiter and cabin steward...and of course the wonderful Maitre D Marius. Other staff just did not care.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question regarding RCCL. Based on your comments, I am so glad we decided to try RCCL. I can't wait to go. We are booked on Explorer of the Seas. It looks like a fabulous ship.

Thanks again.

Ei

Archived