ship excursions vs going alone

zztop

I will be travelling on the carnival freedom line to the meditrranean with my husband and two daughters ages 15 an 12. We will be docking in naples,dubrovnik, venice messina sicily,barcelona cannes and livorno. Does anyone have advice as to which ports we should go it alone and which ones we should do ship excursions. Also if anyone has done any of the excursions at these locations if you could give me some feedback.

I prefer the ships excursions because the ship will wait for you if the excursion is running late.

I would also do the ships excursion in any port where you are not fluent in their language.

Hope this helps even a little.

MAC

I will be travelling on the carnival freedom line to the meditrranean with my husband and two daughters ages 15 an 12. We will be docking in naples,dubrovnik, venice messina sicily,barcelona cannes and livorno. Does anyone have advice as to which ports we should go it alone and which ones we should do ship excursions. Also if anyone has done any of the excursions at these locations if you could give me some feedback.

I would never go on a non Carnival excursions. They are just not dependable to get you back to the ship on time. And if you are not back, they can and will leave w/o you. But if go with Carnival, they will hold the ship. If you get left, it is up to you to find transportation to the next port of call, and that can get pricey with the way the airlines are today. And since you are going to be in Europe, do you want to take that chance, I know when we go to Europe, I do not.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Archived