Those who have used Island Marketing...

familycruising4us

We booked the jet boat adventure. You drive your own jet boat (with a guide on a jet ski and others who have rented jet skis) and you go to stingray city sandbar and then Rum point and back to the resort. It was fun. The water was rough that day so the boat pounded us pretty good, but it was fun.

I did the eco outrage tour which was great. It was my huband, mother and I. We went to stingray city, starfish beach and then thru the mangroves. They will do what ever you want. I would do this again. The captain is a great guy.

Soon to cruise, how long were you at Stingray City, and how long did you get to snorkel at Rum Point? Someone brought up on my Roll Call that this excursion seemed short, and I'm hoping that I can combine the awesomeness of DH driving the speed boat with snorkeling!

The whole tour was about 2 hrs. I think we were at stingray city about 30 min (which wasnt enough in my book) and then we stayed at Rum Point for about 20-30 min. Depends what you want to do more....drive a boat and only stay at the stops for a bit, or take another excursion that isnt as exciting and stay longer and snorkel and enjoy the water. In my (and dh's oppinion) the jet boat just about beat us to death that day going over really high waves. I felt really shaken up and tired by the time we got to stingray city and dh actually got sea sick when we got there. It was fun, but I was actually a little scared. Of course you wouldnt have to go as fast as we did. Guide said that's the fastest they've ever gotten out there. DH was just trying to keep his speed up to skim over the waves instead of hit them head on....dont think it worked!! LOL

I did the eco outrage tour which was great. It was my huband, mother and I. We went to stingray city, starfish beach and then thru the mangroves. They will do what ever you want. I would do this again. The captain is a great guy.

What was starfish beach like? Can you take shells? My kids LOVE shelling.

Also, do you have time to make it to Rum point? Did you do the 1/2 or full day?

Thanks so much! :)

We did the longer which I think was 5 hours. The water that day was rough so a 1/2 day would have been better. The boat can not dock at Rum Point so they anchor not to far from it. We anchored somewhere around star fish beach since I did not want to sit on a beach when I was paying for the boat He pulled up to a shallow area so we could walk around and swim. The captain dove into the water and bought up these huge starfish which are one of the pictures on the web site. As far as shelling I am not sure what the beaches are like. Just remember you make the tour to what you want to do. They even do tubing.

Just go back from the Conquest 8/5 sailing. We did the jet ski tour to stingray city through Island marketing. Loved it, loved it, loved it. It was the highlight of our trip. Yes, the water was rough, and yes it rained on us a little bit, but we didn't care. We had a blast! The guides were locals and very knowledgeable and respectful to the stingrays. When we were on the sand bar, the other tours in boats were there and I saw mishandling of the rays. Our guides treated these beautiful creatures with respect and gave us all a very interesting lesson. Our group was small, only 9/double jet skis. We would do this again and again. FYI, it was my DH, and two DS 11 & 13 and now they want us to buy jet skis!

Thanks for the review. This was one we are considering, sounds like a blast.

Did anyone in your group go out in the jetboat that looks like fun too. We want to have enough time to shop and snorkle at Eden Rock at the end of the pier along with stingray excursion do you think we'll have enought time?? We are there from 7am - 4pm Also did the guides take pictures of you all with the stingrays? Thanks for the info.

Archived