NCL Registration Desk Marriott Waikiki ?

Ottawa_Guy

We will be doing a three day Pre-Stay at the Marriott Hotel Waikiki .

They have a NCL Registration desk at this hotel and you can do your Pre-Boarding registration there .

This will save some time to get on the Ship ( Pride of Hawaii ) .

Does anyone know the time they are open ?

Much thanks .

Pride of Hawaii in 70 days : - )

They open at 7am. It is in the hotel lobby. We were done within fifteen minutes and left all our luggage in the room and went to Pearl Harbor. We went straight to the ship afterward and didn't have to worry about our luggage until it arrived in our cabin which was the whole reason we chose the Marriott. Can't comment much on the hotel because we arrived very late the night before.

I called my TA and wanted to book the Marriot thru NCL and price was 279PP

per night. Booking this hotel myself will cost around $179 per night for the both of us. TA told me we could use the registration services even if we booked ourself. I hope he is correct.

I called my TA and wanted to book the Marriot thru NCL and price was 279PP

per night. Booking this hotel myself will cost around $179 per night for the both of us. TA told me we could use the registration services even if we booked ourself. I hope he is correct.

I'm sorry to say that your TA is not correct. The whole point of the pre-registration desk is that it's a perk for pax who've booked through NCL for a pre-cruise stay at that hotel. If anyone could use the service on their own, they'd not be able to handle the volume. Plus, it's supposed to be one of the perks for paying the premium charged for booking through the cruise line. IMO, this makes sense. They don't allow pax who've booked through a pre-cruse stay through the cruise line, but at one of the other hotels offered, to pre-register at the Marriott. I believe it would be very unfair to those pax for the cruise line to then turn around and let pax who haven't even booked a hotel stay with the cruise line to go ahead and use the pre-registration perks. Perhaps they could allow all pax who've booked a pre-cruise hotel stay through the cruise line to use the Marriott services, but that would also stretch the facility far beyond its limits.

You will be able to make your first night dinner reservations (I think). I know that you can make shore excursion reservations. But other than that, no you won't be able to pre-register or leave your luggage there or use the pre-cruise package shuttle service from the hotel to the pier.

Question: Were you being quoted $279 p/p for 1 night? The rate we were quoted when we looked into it last year was per night and not per person. That's what it still shows. Granted, the price difference is still significant, but consider that it includes room taxes, bell services, transfers, and of course, the pre-registration desk services.

beachchick

p.s., If your TA was given incorrect information by one of the NCL CS agents, there's really nothing your TA will be able to do because the CS cannot guarantee you a service that you don't qualify to use. It won't matter if your TA "gets it in writing" because the CS agent doesn't have that kind of authority.

I inquired with Marriott NCL desk myself because I can get two nights for the price of one booking myself instead of booking through NCL (My price quoted was $350 per night.) I was told that I could pay $20 per person to have our luggage taken directly to the ship. ($20 no more than 2 bags per person).

We booked the Marriott on our own for our precruise stay in June and they only charged us $20.00 total to take our luggage to the ship. We are a family of four and had six bags which were picked up in our hotel room and delivered to our stateroom later that day. The nice guy at the service center did say he was supposed to charge $20.00 per person but said he was only charging $20.00 total. Not sure why but I wasn't about to argue with him. We did have an AF minisuite. I did not inquire about any other services.

That's good news about the luggage service, but I know for sure that you cannot use the pre-registration service at the hotel unless you have booked that hotel through the cruise line. Still, paying extra for luggage transfer is not a bad deal if that frees up some time and hassle. But IMO $20 p/p for luggage transfer is more than we'd want to spend when it's not that hard to get there on our own.

beachchick

Hi Beachchick,

You seem to be the expert on the NCL service desk at the Marriott, so thought I'd see if you know if you can still use the pre-registration service the morning of your cruise?

I booked the Marriott through NCL, but won't be arriving at the hotel until late the night before when the NCL desk is closed. Do you know if they would still do pre-registration first thing the next morning? (ie day of departure)

Thanks

jamespb78: Mahalo for the compliment, but I really only know what we learned when we were working on our PoH cruise last year (plus what I've talked to our reservations rep about lately, what NCL's own literature says, and what others have confirmed).

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use the service early the next morning. Gosh, you can't be the only ones to be flying in late the night before. I imagine the desk opens pretty darn early on cruise departure/disembarkation days to get things rolling. Does the NCL desk at the Marriott have their own number? If so, I'd suggest calling them directly and asking. Then, ask your cruise rep or TA to have it noted on your reservation that you have a late arrival and will need to pre-register the next morning. You'll want to get down there pretty early to get the luggage tags and stuff (if you don't already have them) and confirm they know which room is yours (you leave your luggage in your room all tagged and ready to go, and the cruise elves come and swoop it away and off to the ship for you). It should be a simple matter of doing the pre-registration as long as you have your printout from the online passenger information forms.

Let us know for sure what they say. It just seems to me that if you're booked through them, they should have procedures in place to facilitate the perks you've paid a premium to have.

Aloha and tres bon voyage!

beachchick

We were on the POH for the July 23-30 cruise and stayed at the Marriott July 20-23. I did not book the hotel through NCL. I inquired about luggage transfer and was told by two different reps that the cost was $20 per person. (This was going to be luggage only as we had a rental car.) The number of bags per person was never mentioned. Needless to say, we didn't purchase this option.

We were able to make dinner reservations for the first two nights on the ship.

We booked our pre-cruise stay at the Marriott with NCL through our travel agent. A few weeks prior to the cruise she forwarded our electronic cruise ticketing information which included the transfer to the ship of ourselves and our luggage (I don't remember any additional $20 charge) "Luggage tags" were included- meaning printed outlines of luggage tags with our cabin number on it. The instructions indicated that you put these on your luggage when you arrived in the room- so I duplicated enough of them to cover all our bags and brought a stapler and scotchtape with us.

We also arrived very late the night before the cruise (11:30pm) well after the NCL desk was closed. However in the morning we just put the "luggage tags" on our bags and went down to the desk, which opened at 7:00 am. They completed the necessary paperwork to permit us to check in on the special Marriott line at the terminal. Then we left, around 7:20, for Pearl Harbor, leaving our bags in the hotel room for collection. If you have any questions, we were able to speak to the NCL desk directly by calling the hotel directly (the Hawaii number, not the toll-free number)- we just wanted to know how early then opened. I believe that their bus from the hotel left around 12 or 1230 but as we were going to Pearl Harbor and didn't use it, I didn't pay that much attention.

swifs: Because you purchased your hotel package through NCL, the luggage transfer was already included. That's why you wouldn't have any extra to pay--you already paid it in your package costs.

teacherone: Sounds like swifs had all the luggage tags in advance, so you should be good to go when you get there. Just put the tags on (when you get to the hotel, not when you check in for your flight to Hawaii) and leave the luggage in your room. Then head down to the desk for confirmation and pre-registration first thing in the morning...Well, okay, have a cup of Kona first because you'll be tired after a long travel day, and while you're at it, have some pineapple first too so that you'll be in that Hawaii mood. Sounds as if they have it all figured out for late arrivals.

beachchick

They open at 7 AM but what time do they close? We get into Honolulu about 6PM, should be at the hotel by 7 PM the night before the cruise.

8/99 Alaska Celebrity

8/01 Scandinavia/Russia Princess

1/05 Western Carribean Celebrity

10/05 Hawaii Norwegian

1/07 Panama Canal Celebrity

next: 8/07 Hawaii Norwegian

1/08 South America - Celebrity

I spoke to NCL the other day about this, and was told that the NCL service desk at the Marriott closes at 4:00PM on Sundays.

I don't know what day your arriving - so don't know if this is of any help to you.

A couple of people have now said that they were still able to pre-register early on the morning of their cruise.

They open at 7am. It is in the hotel lobby. We were done within fifteen minutes and left all our luggage in the room and went to Pearl Harbor. We went straight to the ship afterward and didn't have to worry about our luggage until it arrived in our cabin which was the whole reason we chose the Marriott. Can't comment much on the hotel because we arrived very late the night before.

We were planning to do the Pearl Harbor trip before boarding the ship but, having heard you were unable to take bags, wondered what to do with passports etc?

We packed everything into our luggage that we left at the hotel. There is no prohibition on wearing jackets, so we put the passports and cruise check-in information into my husband's inside jacket pocket. I wore a pair of shorts that had a couple of cargo type pockets and carried a small wallet with the credit cards/cash there. You can take cameras but no camera cases. It was a little weird having no pocketbook, but a little nice too. There are small lockers between the Arizona ticket dispensary and the Bowfin but we didn't know if there would be lines for that or how secure it would be so we ignored that option.

Archived