Jeans???

brandymleahy

I don't see why people make such a big deal over this. I believe you are on vacation and that means you should loosen up, I have a dress code everyday at work I sure don't want one while I'm on vacation. I don't like short shorts in dining room but if someone else feels comfortable in them then it's their vacation to. You are on a cruise leave the stress at home.... :) :) :)

I have read where everyone says that guys in jeans is super groovy for everything but the dining room for men..... But what about women, is it okay in everyones opinion that women wear jeans if they want to???

Only if they look super-DUPER groovy in them.

Must be that time of the year again. Is it me or every year around this time, the jeans question comes up? I don't care what people wear, but you can easily have found the same answers by doing a search.

Sent: July 27, 2007 12:00 PM

To: Fred N.

Subject: Carnival Dinner Dress Code

Fred,

We allow more casual attire in our dining rooms (than Princess) on casual nights.

Bob

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2007 12:24 PM

To: Dickinson, Bob (CCL)

Hi Mr. Dickinson,

Princess does not allow Jeans for casual wear to dinner. Carnival doesn't even mention it, but I like how Princess list exactly whats needed. It would be nice to add jeans are not permitted for dinner also to your FAQ's or Dress Code.

It would be nice to Standardize the fleet as to what to wear during dinner.

This is what Princess has on their website which makes more sense:

Smart Casual Evenings:

Passengers dress as they would for a fine restaurant at home.

• Skirts/dresses, slacks, and sweaters for ladies

• Pants and open-neck shirts for men

In the dining room, items such as cutoff T-shirts, shorts, halter tops, and jeans are not permitted; shoes must be worn at all times.

Formal Evenings:

• Evening gowns and cocktail dresses for ladies

• Tuxedo, slacks with dinner jackets, or suits for men

Thanks

Fred N., San Diego Ca.

I don't see why people make such a big deal over this. I believe you are on vacation and that means you should loosen up, I have a dress code everyday at work I sure don't want one while I'm on vacation. I don't like short shorts in dining room but if someone else feels comfortable in them then it's their vacation to. You are on a cruise leave the stress at home.... :) :) :)

Hallelujah!

Sent: July 27, 2007 12:00 PM

To: Fred N.

Fred,

We allow more casual attire in our dining rooms (than Princess) on casual nights.

Bob

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2007 12:24 PM

To: Dickinson, Bob (CCL)

Hi Mr. Dickinson,

Princess does not allow Jeans for casual wear to dinner. Carnival doesn't even mention it, but I like how Princess list exactly whats needed. It would be nice to add jeans are not permitted for dinner also to your FAQ's or Dress Code.

It would be nice to Standardize the fleet as to what to wear during dinner.

This is what Princess has on their website which makes more sense:

Smart Casual Evenings:

Passengers dress as they would for a fine restaurant at home.

• Skirts/dresses, slacks, and sweaters for ladies

• Pants and open-neck shirts for men

In the dining room, items such as cutoff T-shirts, shorts, halter tops, and jeans are not permitted; shoes must be worn at all times.

Formal Evenings:

• Evening gowns and cocktail dresses for ladies

• Tuxedo, slacks with dinner jackets, or suits for men

Thanks

Fred N., San Diego Ca.

Fred there is a reason you pay more for other lines I guess (which doesn't make my dinner taste any different tho).. I am planning a 2009 cruise on Princess and will have to have a look at my dinner companions.. :D

I said that jeans for men are acceptable everywhere but the dining room, I was wondering about jeans for women period, I know not in the dining room, I was just wondering for every day cruising for women. I repeat, I know they aren't acceptable in the dining room. I just want to know about daytime lunch on the lido and such.(for women)

I said that jeans for men are acceptable everywhere but the dining room, I was wondering about jeans for women period, I know not in the dining room, I was just wondering for every day cruising for women. I repeat, I know they aren't acceptable in the dining room. I just want to know about daytime lunch on the lido and such.(for women)

Yes you can wear jeans.. I as some have said don't even bring them on a cruise.. but yes you can wear them..:)

But guess what??? You CAN wear jeans in the dining room on Carnival and you WILL see people wearing them.

Fred is obsessed with this subject

He's not the only one! ;)

Must be that time of the year again. Is it me or every year around this time, the jeans question comes up? I don't care what people wear, but you can easily have found the same answers by doing a search.
I know I just told someone who wasn't aware of the great jeans debate to stick around a few days and the subject would come up again (and again). :p

I don't see why people make such a big deal over this. I believe you are on vacation and that means you should loosen up, I have a dress code everyday at work I sure don't want one while I'm on vacation.

Then why in the WORLD would you book a vacation that HAS one? :confused:

But this is where you are confused. They are acceptable in the dining room. And anywhere else on the ship for that matter. For both men and women..........

Oops didn't read Cruisemoms post. She is right as usual..........

Archived