Courtyard in FLL?

smokingpizza

I think I've read all the Fort Lauderdale hotel threads, but see no reference to the Marriott Courtyard Airport/Cruise Port. They offer both airport shuttle (both ways) and service to the cruise port. Both free. Anyone know anything about this? Looks like a generic Courtyard to me (which is fine), but am I missing something? Also, anyplace close by we could pick up some wine and champagne for the cruise? Thanks.

Del in Dublin (CA USA that is)

www.smokingpizza.com

www.ilregalo.us

I was originally booked there but got the Rennaissance on priceline for less than the courtyard was. Besides the Rennaissance is closer to restaurants, stores, etc. Otherwise, I think the courtyard would be fine for a pre-cruise or post-cruise night.

The Marriott Courtyard is a cookie cutter Courtyard which is what I like about them. This ones relatively new, in a safe location, close to the airport and cruiseport. It's located next to Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World (the Home Depot of sporting goods). Within Bass Pro is the Islamorada Fish Company Restaurant, excellent seafood. There are no supermarkets nearby but an inexpensive cab ride will get you to one. I thought I'd read on these boards that the shuttle drive will take you to the market. Either way you can get to one if need be.;)

Archived