Earthquake park in Anchorage

Happyladi

I was reading about this and it looked interesting. Has anyone gone there? What did you think of it, do you recommend seeing it?

We are staying at the Captain Cook and I wonder if there is a bus that goes to it.

I go there often, for the best views of the city and bay - actually, to a parking lot just west of Earthquake Park, which has grown over so there are no views there anymore. The trolley tours that you pick up on 4th Avenue go there on their city tours, but I'm quite sure that no "regular" buses do.

Murray

If you're up for biking and it's a nice day, rent a bike downtown and take the Coastal Trail to Earthquake Park.

http://www.trailsofanchorage.com/2nd_avenue.htm

The closest access to the trail from Hotel Captain Cook is Elderberry Park. From there you travel south less than a mile to Westchester Lagoon (photos on linked page...Then click on "Coastal South" to see pictures for the trail from Westchester Lagoon to Earthquake Park), and then less than 2 1/2 miles to Earthquake Park.

Archived