Whats so special about the "italian theems Restuarants"

Akkadian01

I have sailied on the Jewel, Pearl, Dawn and Star. The Italian Resturant is always the most crowded. Likesomeone said in another post people do "beg" to get in. I honestly dont see anything special about them. The food isnt all that great and no diffrent then what you can get in the buffet. I have eaten there twice I had Ravoili the first time and last time had the pizza. I was actually expecting(dont know why) and special pizza. You know maybe cooked diffrently more "nicer" then the buffet one. The pizza was no diffrent then buffet pizza. My mom pasta was the same pasta served for you in the Garden Cafe. So I wonder what so special

Sorry about the "theems"

People like Italian food set in a restaurant over a buffet or cafeteria. Plus Italian deserts are to die for. Since so many use the buffet for breakfast and so few use the buffet for dinner, with some Italian decor or table covers, half of the buffet easily switches into a Italian restaurant easily.

It may not be five star, the La Tratoria does offer simple pasta and pizza menus. However, I do wish NCL offered the Sun's Il Adagio restaurants on all of its ships. The menu is much better, and worth a surcharge.

There are two types of italian on NCL's ships:

Most ships have the FREE specialty restaurant (like La Trattoria) and it is decent enough, but nothing to write home about.

The Il Adaggio on the Sun is truly a great experience, and the menu is ten times better and worth a few dollars more. I believe this menu is available on the Sky as well, but none of the other ships offer this restaurant to my knowledge.

I recommend this one if you are on the Sun.

Actually the pizza is better than the buffet. It has better ingredients and you can have a choice of what you want on it. The buffet has a cheese or a pepperoni and some type of veggie pizza. There are more choices of pasta and different toppings.:)

Archived