Beach & Island Sights

wallygirl78

We are cruising on the Destiny in December for our honeymoon. We would like to see the sights of St. Thomas even though I'm not super sure what they are. We also want to spend some time at the beach but it must be a beach where there are umbrellas to rent; I would rather not get blistered the first day of our trip. There have been lots of posts about the beaches that mention chair rentals, but not many with umbrellas. Does anyone know which beaches have chairs and umbrellas for rent? Where can we find a tour that by passes the shopping?

Hello,

There are historical sights downtown (fort, old churches, legislature building...). Around the island there are lookout points like Drakes Seat, Mountain Top.

While not all beaches have umbrellas some have a nice tree line so you can sit under a tree... for example Magens Bay. At Sapphire you can get some shade under the trees too. Some beaches do have umbrellas, at Coki there are vendors renting them, at Morningstar they have them set out for guests and last time I checked non-guests could rent them.

--Islander

Archived