women - bathing suits at buffet

beccadoby

I know this is off topic, though many have veered off...but isn't this a tremendous invasion of this woman's privacy to post her photo on the internet for all to see. Even though she is at the beach doesn't necessarily mean she wants millions of people to see her. The way she's smiling seems to indicate she's pleased with her appearance, but I still question if she would want this out there like this. Just my thoughts.

Well, I have several more photos of this woman where she's posing for pictures with people & crowds have their cameras out. So I'm guessing the woman knows that she creates a stir & photos have been taken. I would also guess, like many American Idol contestants, she's not really in touch with reality & thinks she looks good.

I re-read the pages on this tonight. I needed a good laugh. You people tickled my funny bone. I saw the pictures. Cover ups should be worn in the buffet line.

Love to see the girls in there "you know what". The first time I was in Vegas a young girl was laying on a mat without a top and had a thong on and I thought she was nude. L.O.L.

I use to like to wear speedos when I was younger too get a better tan. but Alas! Age - Beer belly - Chicken legs - bald head have taken over. Today I have to wear black swim trunks covering my knees. Oh to be young again.

But the young kids like the surf trunks today so I guess us old "_arts" are still in style. Leave the speedos to Mr Universe and the Pro Swimmers.

If you get brave enough, join the nude beach at St Martin and hope you don't see your cruise ship table mates.

Have a good nite.

ACK! Can't stand to see a person in just a bathing suit with no cover in a place where I'm eating a meal (even if they look like Angelina or Brad)......rather unappetizing. There's just something repulsive about seeing an almost bare bottom or something else in a restaurant setting......hard to relate food with bare bodies even though I know there are some "sillys" on here that would beg to differ with me. =oP ICK!

I know this is off topic, though many have veered off...but isn't this a tremendous invasion of this woman's privacy to post her photo on the internet for all to see. Even though she is at the beach doesn't necessarily mean she wants millions of people to see her. The way she's smiling seems to indicate she's pleased with her appearance, but I still question if she would want this out there like this. Just my thoughts.

Exactly where do you think the photo came from?:rolleyes:

I hate to disagree, but we dont all wear the speedo, I have an outfit that was worn by Borat in the movie, the lime green one piece thong, fantastic on a pale body, my wife never attends breakfast, she prefers to keep her eggs to herself, and unfertilized, this will be our !st cruise with carnival in sept, so we both want to fit in, I do have a fantastic leather poseing pouch, what do you think, regards

You are to funny!

These are some great concerns but I believe you are pushing it to the extreme. It would be very difficult for someone to leave some virus on a seat and when the next person used the same seat that virus would travel through their pants, undergarment and infect them.

You are most likely to catch a virus through handshakes, sneezing, contaminated utensils and food. We all remember from high school health ecucation that you can hardly catch an STD from a toilet seat (except crabs :eek: )

I beg to differ... obviously you are not familiar with how germs are transmitted. And that's ok; alot of people don't realize it. I'm a nurse, so am oh so familiar with germ transmission. You are right about some of the above ways germs are transmitted... but as I mentioned in my previous post... germs like the norovirus / hepatitis a - these are all transmitted via fecal / oral transmission. (OH, BTW, Hep A is not generally considered an STD...)

What does this mean? Well, someone has poor hygiene after shall we say going #2. Anyone who touches anything that person did or touches say a seat where they sat with a wet (or even dry bathing suit) could be exposed to that germ if they touch it and then get it into their mouths...

Not trying to be graphic, but we all know that the norovirus spreads like wildfire on cruiseships and anywhere else it appears.

Just do everyone a favor and cover up; casual is one thing - but wearing a swimsuit to the buffet is another.

The last cruise I was on they would n't let people in line if they weren't properly dressed (NCL)

I have not saw this movie yet. Now IM SCARED to see it! How much did they pay him to wear that?

My 20 y/o son bought Borat and my 16 y/o daughter watched it. They thought it was hilarious so I was going to watch it. My 16 y/o told me, "Mom, I really don't think it's appropriate for you." She was dead serious.

These are some great concerns but I believe you are pushing it to the extreme. It would be very difficult for someone to leave some virus on a seat and when the next person used the same seat that virus would travel through their pants, undergarment and infect them.

You are most likely to catch a virus through handshakes, sneezing, contaminated utensils and food. We all remember from high school health ecucation that you can hardly catch an STD from a toilet seat (except crabs :eek: )

I think you missed the part where she says that the person touches the seat then sits to eat. Some diseases such as Hep A are spread via the 'oral-fecal' route. Scenario: Person with Hep A in a thong sits on a chair in a dining area and gets the germs on the seat. Next person comes along and for whatever reason (maybe brushing a crumb off the seat) touches the seat before sitting down. Then that person proceeds to eat....getting the germ in their mouth.

Insofar as sitting on the deck loungers in a suit, I always put down a towel. Yes, I tend to be a bit of a germophobe. Yes, I will be carrying a small bottle of alcagel with me unless they have it on the ship. However, I am a nurse and prefer to stay healthy.

My husband and I both know "where we live" with regards to wearing swimsuits. I wouldn't even stand up from the deck chair without putting my cover up on. We were astounded at the number of women wearing two piece suits that really should not. And men in speedos with huge bellies.

We were standing out on our balcony and admiring the view and I mentioned to my hubby that it would be neat if we saw whales on this cruise (although I know this was not a cruise where you would see any). He said we could see plenty of them - at the pool!!!

That was funny! Sounds like something my DH would say. We're in our 40s and no longer have those lithe bodies we had in our earlier years (though we're certainly not grossly overweight) but we do cover up.

shaking head that you actually had to point that one out.

Scary ain't it. Sad thing is the poster is a teacher.

Your private collection? :eek:

Sorry my frined but only 1s-10s in my collection. There are NO 11s.

I didn't think they were allowed but that could have been my assumption as I am with you and would never go anywhere near the food in only my swimsuit.

Allowed is an assumption that would require common sense and staff to enforce. I have to post my review from the cruise we just returned home from BUT I will say that very little was enforced :(

One thing that kind of bugs me are these very hairy men in buffet line without shirts.....ack! Does away with my appetite quickly......not that these guys can help the extra hairyness; but it just doesn't go well with lunch to me.....sorry.

I think that if a person is on vacation, they should enjoy it. If that means running into the buffet for a burger while wearing a swiming suit...so be it.:) Funny thing...I never heard of a "cover-up" until long after I was married. Women used to wear "robes", or wrapped up in a towel when they left the swimming area.:( Now a woman has to buy not only a swimming suit, but a "cover-up" and of course it has to match the suit....LOL:D See...its just marketing; another way for the companys to get our hard earn dollars...and now here we are discussing that if a woman does not have a "cover-up" she better buy one before going on a cruise...which makes just that much more for me to have to HAUL around when my wife finally stuffs all the "essentials" into her oversized suitcase. :eek:

What I need is a porter...to follow my wife and I around with all the stuff she thinks she needs...and other people expect us to have....LOL:cool:

One thing that kind of bugs me are these very hairy men in buffet line without shirts.....ack! Does away with my appetite quickly......not that these guys can help the extra hairyness; but it just doesn't go well with lunch to me.....sorry.

There are several options for hair removal. Like the above men, I've seen women who could have benefited from a hair removal treatment....or three.:rolleyes:

There are several options for hair removal. Like the above men, I've seen women who could have benefited from a hair removal treatment....or three.:rolleyes:

:D So, besides being a lactologist...you also have a degree in pubicology as well??? My my, what a guy!! :p

:D So, besides being a lactologist...you also have a degree in pubicology as well??? My my, what a guy!! :p

Why yes, yes I do.:D Gots me a booth set up here for free consultation too :p ;)

That's no lie.

Yep, he's a genuine "Jack off all trades" :eek: :D Mornin Halos, fancy seein you here.

Archived