women - bathing suits at buffet

beccadoby

We were standing out on our balcony and admiring the view and I mentioned to my hubby that it would be neat if we saw whales on this cruise (although I know this was not a cruise where you would see any). He said we could see plenty of them - at the pool!!!

So true! :D

On one hand, it's great that these people have good self esteem and feel comfortable wearing those small bathing suits. On the other hand, we are subjected to see all their skin hanging out of that small suit! :eek:

That suit has a cover up IMO - CUTE!!

I think you look beautiful, for the pool deck, the OUTSIDE BUFFET, NOT inside. sorry, although the bathing suit and you look great, it is not "covered up" and still a suit.

NO SUITS INSIDE. In a hotel, and I have a small figure I wear a 1-3 and do not resemble some over hairy and other comments:D. Regardless, I NEVER walk to the pool, inside to the bathroom without a cover. What is meant for outside in the sun is not meant for INSIDE.... Dang, we were all raised quite different. Not suggesting poor or good on either side. Saying that my mom would, has and shall teach me HER proper manners that no bathing suit is acceptable in an inside area period.... now thanks... I'm pushin ' 40, feel older by the minute but I (not intended to the poster I quoted, simply in general).. in an inside eating establishment.. do not want your half naked body exposed while I grab some buffet.

If going out to eat to any buffet has us all dressing in bathing suits, some dripping wet, none with cover ups it would be different. Take Myrtle Beach SC for example Close to me, we go often. This is the BATHING SUIT capital of the south. I have yet to see suits in a Dennys, everyone knows to cover up, yes, even in Mc Dees.....

when going INSIDE SHIRT and SHOES REQUIRED

ps, person in pic, you do look great in that suit tho.

Thank you for proving my point.

Really don't think I proved your point. If what I think is OK to do affected you in some way, like sitting next you smoking a cigarette blowing the smoke in your face, then you would have proved your point. My actions were directly affecting you in a negative way & I would be saying screw you, I'm enjoying my cigarette. Having a differing opinion on the appropriate attire for a buffet & following my own opinion rather than worrying about who I might be offending, is not proving your point. There are all kinds of things I see people doing or wearing & I think "whoa, bad choice" but it doesn't affect me directly so they're certainly not disrespecting me or doing something that's bad for me but good for them. Just because I think a mullet is a bad fashion choice doesn't mean the mullet family is disrespecting me for having them.

Whether or not a bathing suit is OK at the buffet, is an opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

My opinion only---- but some people might also think its acceptable to burp & fart & pick their nose while in the company of others eating but sometime you just reserve that behavior for when you alone - in respect of others

Well, look at that, why it is almost time for lunch.

No can do......then you will get complaints from some of the women because their husbands are looking:rolleyes: Oh believe me those cute girls in bikinis will now be referred to as hos, bimbos, etc. etc.:rolleyes:

hey now fellow bills fan... my husband has a thong count championship each cruise and yes I help him add up his total by pointing them out.... not my fault that my choices cause him temporary blindness:D I'm taking one for the team and adding to the count.... go bills

carol

hey now fellow bills fan... my husband has a thong count championship each cruise and yes I help him add up his total by pointing them out.... not my fault that my choices cause him temporary blindness:D I'm taking one for the team and adding to the count.... go bills

carol

LOL my bf and i are the same way

Really don't think I proved your point. If what I think is OK to do affected you in some way, like sitting next you smoking a cigarette blowing the smoke in your face, then you would have proved your point. My actions were directly affecting you in a negative way & I would be saying screw you, I'm enjoying my cigarette. Having a differing opinion on the appropriate attire for a buffet & following my own opinion rather than worrying about who I might be offending, is not proving your point. There are all kinds of things I see people doing or wearing & I think "whoa, bad choice" but it doesn't affect me directly so they're certainly not disrespecting me or doing something that's bad for me but good for them. Just because I think a mullet is a bad fashion choice doesn't mean the mullet family is disrespecting me for having them.

Whether or not a bathing suit is OK at the buffet, is an opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

Your opinion is that you didn't prove my point. My opinion is that you did. Isn't life wonderful that we can have different opinions and still converse? ;)

Your opinion is that you didn't prove my point. My opinion is that you did. Isn't life wonderful that we can have different opinions and still converse? ;)

I need a kissy smiley! :D 2 days until you leave...sigh...I am so jealous!

To give credit, I copied that picture from the Floataway Lounge.

Dang! I spit my morning wine at my computer screen:mad:

YUCK and shame.... and yep thats what others see, but those that wear 'em DON"T..... clothe up please:rolleyes:... wait a minute, it's not me.... UGH. No one ever thinks they offend, cover it up and ensure it for the rest of us, thank you.

sometimes you may be beautiful, and I still don't want your unclothed bathing suit perfect body when I'm at buffet.... guys.... now behave and keep to the point figure of speach.... never mind I can't win with this comeback... it will digress from here... carry on all... nothing to see here.

just keep it covered 'all... PLEASE

So true! :D

On one hand, it's great that these people have good self esteem and feel comfortable wearing those small bathing suits. On the other hand, we are subjected to see all their skin hanging out of that small suit! :eek:

Sometimes you just gotta wonder (a) if they have a mirror in their room & (b) if their spouse/partner/SO/friends really like them.

482x640-plasticsurgerygonewrong.jpg

Sometimes you just gotta wonder (a) if they have a mirror in their room & (b) if their spouse/partner/SO/friends really like them.

482x640-plasticsurgerygonewrong.jpg

This is something I would not want to see in the buffet line or anywhere, for that matter....yikes! :eek:

We should separate what we each personally find attractive, tasteful or "suitable" from what kinds of things actually make a practical difference to other passengers.

As long as someone washes his or her hands, and doesn't sneeze or drip poolwater, perspiration or anything else into the buffet food, they are free to wear whatever the heck I personally think of as "tacky". :rolleyes:

Especially if she's hot.

okay, done here... admit defeat.... to those that think this works.... have at it..... the rest of us need to make a stand against this and other atrocities:D

just having fun people now relax and get off the submit button, grab a cover up for the inside dinning venu instead please... and lets keep this fun and NICE,,,,, but if you'd like to add to the hubbies thong count... join us on the Mariner in sept. That poor man has yet to hit more than 5 and one "oh my god"... and no I didn't help him out in either direction:D But we did do the topless now defunct deck..... ONCE

Just in case the front wasn't enough...and after reviewing these pictures, I may need to change my vote because this would certainly ruin my appetite. ;)

482x640-backside.jpg

Look at the two people staring at her, Look above the little girls surfboard

They look about as shocked as us, and they are seeing it live!!

Archived