Just back from Sea Princess Western Med 21st July sailing

crowie

Hi

Still suffering from post cruise blues!

Just to say thanks for all the advice spread across these boards, It was my first cruise but armed with all the info, I felt like a vetran!

Loved the ship, plenty to do, always managed to get a sun bed somewhere (deck attendants were actively checking and removing towels etc).

The food was great and I loved the concept of anytime dining, met some great people and it was good not having to rush down for dinner after a long port day. We never had to wait for a table (we were willing to share) and people who didn't want to share didn't seem to wait for very long if at all.

Went to a few shows, They had some good comedians, can't remember there names! Also had Sid Little (the least funny one out of a not very funny double act!) Brit cc er's know what I mean. They also had a class singer named Tony Christie ( had quite a few hits in the uk in the 70's and his re-release Amirillo was top selling record in 2006). I was never really a fan but you had to admire his voice / professionalism. Also rather strangely they had Dr Ruth (the sex therapist). We were asked to submit questions in a envelope leaving off our name and cabin number. This was a scream and the 18 and over audience loved it. She also did a special show for the over 50's onboard. I heard from a crew member that she also did a show for crew members only. She is in her 80's now, but that didn't stop her from "cutting a rug" on the dance floor during the champagne waterfall evening. I can only hope that I'm still as active (mentally and pyshicaly) when and if, I reach her age.

My wife went into the cruise not really looking forward to it but has been won over. My 12 year old son had a blast, met up with a few other kids and away they went. (yes, we did keep a close eye on him).

We will definately be doing another cruise.

I will do a full review when I get the chance. But in the meantime if anyone has any questions please ask.

Hi

Glad you enjoyed your trip. My first cruise was aboard the Sea Princess, on the other Med run.

Sid Little and Tony Christie - you were spoilt:D We had Dougie Brown! Wonder what they have done with Eddie Large??

I was addicted after one trip. Even more so now. Going from Southampton is so easy.

Looking forward to your review. We're booked on the Sea Princess Western Med next summer.

My husband was just like your wife - resisted cruising for years. We've now done four cruises and have another two booked. Can't keep him away - he's totally converted! :D

Hi

Glad you enjoyed your trip. My first cruise was aboard the Sea Princess, on the other Med run.

Sid Little and Tony Christie - you were spoilt:D We had Dougie Brown! Wonder what they have done with Eddie Large??

I was addicted after one trip. Even more so now. Going from Southampton is so easy.

Sid lives! I am a Sid cruise show survivor, a self-help group is in the process of setting up. After his act, I no longer have any desire to know Peggy Sue whatsoever.

Eddie (the funny one in a not very funny double act) had a heart transplant a few years ago and is well but avoids strenuous work. Bless!

xxxxxxxxx

Sid lives! I am a Sid cruise show survivor, a self-help group is in the process of setting up. After his act, I no longer have any desire to know Peggy Sue whatsoever.

Eddie (the funny one in a not very funny double act) had a heart transplant a few years ago and is well but avoids strenuous work. Bless!

xxxxxxxxx

That's all very well, Jock, but what about the review!

Archived