Swimming Luggage, toppless sunbathers, and swollen appendages: An Enchantment Review

Sorry you hated Belize. My dad didn't like it either but my mom went with me and a separate cruise and loved it. Yes it is definitely third world BUT you have to go there to enjoy the one thing that the place is know for (Snorkeling or Diving). Take one of the small boats or tours up away from Belize City to the Reef for outstanding Snorkeling and Diving. I will admit that outside of that there isn't too much to offer there but I try to appreciate the people who where all very friendly. To be honest I would rather go there than Jamaica any day.

Again thanks for enjoying the review. For those of you who said we did a good job of having a good time despite the various.....um.....mishaps. We made a conscious effort once the bag was dropped in the water to laugh it off and not let it destroy our vacation. You know how it can be. Something aggitates you and then BOOM everything starts aggitating you. I remember saying to my wife. I'm starting to get in a bad mood. But then we sat down adn said we were not going to let this speed bump sink our vacation. We only get one vacation a year and we wanted to enjoy it......and we did. Gosh I miss vacation........

School starts in 5 days.

If you love Belize you'll love Costa Maya. The ocean was rough and full of debris, seaweed and goodness knows what. The bus trip to the stinky beach was a bus full of people no airconditioning present. I though I was going to pass out. And the countryside- yewweeee. Dry, pampas grass and rundown buildings and huts. The busdriver was on some sort of walkie - talkie speaking in Spanish about the dumb tourists. ( I speak a moderate amount of Spanish).

You got to laugh, though. I couldn't wait to get back to the ship where we enjoyed a spectacular lunch in the dining room (on the Splendour). That is the great thing about a cruise- getting back to the BOAT!

• 2 months later...

A new reply to an old thread....AFter comming home and calling Customer Service about my bag taking a swim. I was compensated with $300 torwards a future cruise. So figure in the 100 on board credit and I received 400 for my bag being warm and jumping in the ocean.

Now If I can just get my morgage to take a walk.

I would say that is not too bad at all as compensation, although I'm sure at the time it was not too humorous!

Before our first cruise (last May) my wife thought I was absolutley nuts for spending so much time reading these boards. But I was trying to get every single tip to make our cruise fun (and bulletproof as it turns out).

One of those tips was to pack the clothes in large 'zip-lock' style bags, and that's exactly what I did (dozens of them). The cruise line could have 'towed' our bags behind the ship and our clothes wouldn't have got wet!!

At the time I wasn't exactly sure why I was doing this, I just knew I had to.

NOW I know why!

THE OTHER tip I read was to take a small carry-on with 1 change of clothes each, "just in case".

Now I know what "just in case" means!

So, all I can say is, read and follow the tips on these boards!!! They know of what they speak!!

Everything in the bag ended up being fine. Harry potter was a little worse off. Didnt' see the point in filing a claim when they really took care of us after the cruise.

I am hoping to go on a cruise soon. soon......soon......soon

Only thing is the Certificates are only good for 3-5 night cruises. So I was hoping to be able to use these certificates and be able to finally afford a 7 night cruise but it doesn't look that way.

Ok I never read reviews of ships that I'm not scheduled to sail on but you definitely had me with 'swollen appendage' thing. It is a rainy crappy Friday that for some reason my brain seems to think is a Monday because I've been totally dragging it all morning. Reading this review totally made my day and I didn't notice til I got to the end that it was an old one. Positively brilliant review and way to go on the compensation. I'm sure your communication style had a lot to do with your success. Thanks for a great read and I hope you cruise again soon too! Now if I can only make it til my Friday after work glass of wine with friends all will be right in my little corner of the world again. Cheers!

Clarksfan1; I wonder if you were to notify RC about your future plans for a 7 day, if they would honor those certificates anyway? Just a thought. By the way, I love your humor, we need more people like you in this world of "sad sacks".

I did notify them about the possibility of me taking a 7night cruise. The dude was vague to say the least. I could use them but the discount is on five of the days not seven of the days. I tried to tell him my certificates were just for 150, not a percentage off but he didnt' understand. He said I could try to use them and I would get something off even if it wasn't the 150 each. So we will see when I book a cruise.

I do find it nice to think I could take a 4 night cruise that is regularly $300 each adn only have to pay 150 each.

I'm Clarksfan1, and I approve this message.

• 6 months later...

clarksfan1...i just found your review while i was searching for something else...you are a great guy! i don;t know you from a hole in the wall, but the positive outlook you have is certainly infectious!

i must tell you, i hve never heard of anyone losing their luggage because it wanted to have a dip in the ocean before it got on board the ship...i'll have to sit my luggage down and have a long, very stern talk with it. i know there will be no way i will ever get it to stop going to the piano bar for cocktails! everynite...same thing...my husband and i have to drag it back from the piano bar. sometimes it gets so drunk it's just not a pretty site...

as for the naked boobies...video taping??? you have got to be kidding!!! poor guy...anyone that video tapes boobies on the beach could probably benefit from some intense therapy...

i also wanted to say that your last post had me falling over laughing! and i'm sooo glad you approve your message...LOL sorry...that was perfect! when i looked at the date of your post, i realized that you must have been at the tail end of our last presidential campaign...i didn't care to ever hear that sentence again, but you made me laugh when i read it yet another time!

thanks for adding some giggles to my monday morning coffee and cigarette routine!

Talk about bringing out of mothballs. This baby was tucked away up in the attic with the christmas tree, blow up easter bunny (It's for the front yard), and halloween decorations. You must have found it when you were bringing out your summer clothes. I am glad you enjoyed.

Actually I am going on a cruise in two weeks. I should probably sit my luggage down and make sure they understand the rules. Only thing is if my luggage decides to be difficult, I can't get a full refund for my cruise.

Maybe I should use these rules with my luggage.

1. This is most obvious.....Do not jump in the ocean.

2. Although I don't mind my luggage going to the bar for a drink. I will make it clear....I must have all of my clothes first.

3. If you are going to "enjoy the company" of other luggage make sure you wear a garmet bag for protection. I don't want any little handbags filling up my closet.

4. Do not lose your Sea Pass card. You have 8 different compartments. Use one of them.

5. BAC.....For humans this is blood alchol content. For luggage it's bag alchol content. Is based on weight at the time of drinking. Don't think you can drink all night, because you only weigh 10 pounds. It would be different if you were filled with my clothes then you could enjoy a few more drinks.

6. I trust you. And I love you. Be sure to take care of yourself. And remember you are just as important as everyone other piece of luggage. Oh sure you will have some snobs like Louie Vuitton, Prada and Gucci. But you work just as hard and look just as nice.

Hopefully these will work. Needless to say after the last cruise I was a little disappointed in my bag.

Ciao

see??? i know a great post when i read one and THAT was a great one!!

clarksfan1...the last post was the funniest thing i've ever read!!! rules for your luggage??? i was falling over!!! i want to make a copy of that and post it on my cabin door when i sail the jewel next year!

you really should write for a living, if you don't already! i'd just like to sit and have a drink with you!!! lol

We are doing a 4 nighter on sovereign. I am a little disappointed Enchantment is not available but my cruise window is rather small because I only have a month between the end of school and the start of football. So we are going down a couple of days early and going to Disney World in addition to the cruise.

I love Disney World.

" Maybe I should use these rules with my luggage.

1. This is most obvious.....Do not jump in the ocean.

2. Although I don't mind my luggage going to the bar for a drink. I will make it clear....I must have all of my clothes first.

3. If you are going to "enjoy the company" of other luggage make sure you wear a garmet bag for protection. I don't want any little handbags filling up my closet.

4. Do not lose your Sea Pass card. You have 8 different compartments. Use one of them.

5. BAC.....For humans this is blood alchol content. For luggage it's bag alchol content. Is based on weight at the time of drinking. Don't think you can drink all night, because you only weigh 10 pounds. It would be different if you were filled with my clothes then you could enjoy a few more drinks.

6. I trust you. And I love you. Be sure to take care of yourself. And remember you are just as important as everyone other piece of luggage. Oh sure you will have some snobs like Louie Vuitton, Prada and Gucci. But you work just as hard and look just as nice.

Hopefully these will work. Needless to say after the last cruise I was a little disappointed in my bag.

Ciao

"

luggage rules and the "talk"

just hope your bags listen better than my kids:p

• 11 months later...

Archived