Dress code for kids on HAL/Maasdam

bogo

The requested dress is the same as for adults when eating in the dining room. Some families go all out. There tends to be some boys in tuxes, looking like mini grooms on a cake. Very cute and oh so many photo ops. Most however, don't do this and stick with simple sun dresses and docker-like pants with a polo type shirt.

If you prefer to not deal with this, dining in the Lido, on formal nights, is a good alternative and often works better for the children too. There are many families who dine exclusively in the LIDO because it's faster and more casual.

When my daughter was young, I frequented many resale shops for fabulous outfits. She will probably never dress this well, again.

When we first started cruising with the kids, I found quite a few deals on clothes for them on eBay - many items brand new, with tags. As they were still growing like crazy, we didn't want to spend a small fortune on outfits they might only wear on one cruise.

It is a great chance for some nice family photos - I'm glad we've always managed to take one family picture each cruise - but many of the kids on board dressed in "Sunday best" rather than formal attire, which is fine, imo.

Archived