Disembarkation time in Vancouver

jms

Anyone recently back from HAL's Alaska - can you tell me what the earliest disembarkation time was? We're booking flights for 2008 and return is around 11:30AM. I know the cruiseline often recommends after 12 noon so I don't want to push it!

Thanks!

I have yet to get off early in Vancouver enough through normal disembarkation to make me feel comfortable trying to get a flt. time that early. (In theory cause I live here of course) We have gotten off in the first group several time just for your info. Once HAL.

There are ways and means. Walk off with baggage & grab a great cab driver, using the "US Direct" package if available on your ship.....but other than that with the possibility of delays in actual ship arrival etc. waiting for all to clear customs & immigration, close onboards accounts etc. etc. nothing would be a "For sure"

You will not want to purchase a heavily restricted airline ticket that doesn't allow changes, as there is a chance you will not have enough time. IMO there are too many factors that can change that would make me uncomfortable with an 11:30 flight, including delays caused by the construction of an LRT line to airport. If it were Ft Lauderdale with the airport at your doorstep, it would be a different story.

It looks like we'll do a later afternoon flight or even stay overnight in Vancouver. We're going a few days early but there's lots to do in that wonderful city. The afternoon flights don't get us back home until around midnight so we'll re-group and make a decision.

Thanks again!

Archived