Has Anyone Done NCL Movie Tour on Kauai?

Roxanna

I'm very interested in the movie tour excursion on Kauai that NCL offers. It's a little pricey, though, and I'd like to know if it's worth it. Renting a car would be cheaper, certainly, but we wouldn't know where to start!

We thought this tour was kind of lame. Some people seemed to really enjoy it, and you do get to see some nice scenery. But if it's a choice between this and something else, my recommendation would be to go with your other choice.

Hello

I did not do the tour through NCL but booked it on my own.

Maybe I am "lame", but I thought that it was alot of fun, we really

enjoyed seeing the different places where the movies were filmed,

the guide was very funny and informative.

Comfortable little van and we covered alot of the island

Lou

We also booked this tour on our own (before NCL started offering it) and I guess we are lame also. We had a great time. The tour guide was very funny and informative. We visited places that we would have had no idea what it was if we had tried doing it on our own in a rental car. Seeing scenes from the movie on the video screen on the little van and then standing at that same exact spot is really cool. The stop for lunch was at a beautiful locale and the lunch was very good. We are thinking of doing this tour again for sure.

We booked this tour through NCL in May and we just loved it. Yes, it was not cheap but we thought it was the best of all the NCL tours that we took. We originally had it booked for the 2nd day at 7AM because it was not offered on the 1st day for our sailing, 4/30 on POH, but when we got on the ship, we saw that it was offered at 10AM on the 1st day so we switched. We were on a van with about 13 others and the guide was very good and funny. We stopped at the Coco Palms Hotel which was closed to everyone but this tour. It was empty but will be renovated and opened up sometime in the future. I had been there many years ago and I could remember how beautiful it was then. Someone else might think it was very depressing looking but it brought back a lot of nice memories for me. We also saw the beach where the boat from Gilligan's Island landed and the pilot from the show, which I had never seen. We also had a lovely lunch at a nice picnic area and really enjoyed all the other stops and the movie clips. Oh, and we also saw the falls from Fantasy Island. You have to be kind of a movie buff to enjoy this tour but as my DH always says, that's why they make chocolate and vanilla ice cream.

Archived