Adult only pools and hot tubs on Valor?

travgurl

Do they have adult only hot tubs and adult only pool on the Valor? I know on the Glory there were adult only hot tubs at the rear of the lido deck, I heard that the rear pool was suppose to be adult only, but there were always some children around. I really liked that area, seemed quiet most of the time.

Yes, adult pool and hot tubs at the back on Lido. Yes, on the sister ship (Conquest) there would be kids at times but the security persons would ask them to leave and never became a problem. If you bring it to the attention of security persons the"problems" will be dealt with quicker.

I've never seen a sign on the Conquest that says the rear pool is for adults only. The hot tubs have a sign but not the pool.

We had to have security get the kids out of the hot tubs.

If the signs are there, then we will not hesitate to ask them to leave (or ask security to) on our week (9/9/07). We are hoping there will not be that many kids on board anyway, we figure they should be back to school. Also hoping the adult area on the funnel deck will be enforced, I know DW wants to use it as it used to be used, especially since we did not book a balcony room this time.

I know on the Conquest the aft pool area is not an adults only area because that's where the grill, ice cream and pizza are. Kids have to be able to go get pizza and burgers. People also eat out there, we did every day. So it is a family area.

If the Glory and Valor have adult only areas, that's great. I know the Conquest doesn't have that or didn't in November when I went.

We are older and had 6 kids (all grown) When we cruise we exclusively use the adult only jacuzzi for the reason that we don't wished to be splashed by kids "playing in the pools". Most of the time the parents were in the pools with their kids and they said nothing about their behavior splashing all around and fighting. My husband had a couple of drinks before we got in the jacuzzi. When it quieted down a little, my husband casually mentioned "We can't stay in too long, my wife has a colostomy bag and within 5 minutes of being in the water the bag starts to leak" (Not true, he just said it to get rid of the splashing) They got up, took their kids and left. It must have traveled around a little because every time we got in a pool or jacuzzi for the rest of the week, everybody got out. :o

Now we go in the jacuzzi before we have drinks. He was pretty embarrassed by the end of the cruise.

On every cruise I've been on there has always been kids either acting up....not just being kids, but being destructive, and making major messes at the self-serve ice cream, having soft-serve fights. I have seen them literally take over the disco on a RCCL cruise, and the CD saying that there were so many kids on board that they let them (School vacation time).

Apparently they're a problem in the "adults only" areas.

My solution....How about the adults invading their spaces when their activities are planned....I'm sure the teens would welcome the company. I think maybe they would get the message??:(:confused::(

Ok, so here's the question??? If the back pool on the conquest class ship isn't the adult only pool then why don't they have one? I mean, COME ON, we were on the Conquest in Feb, and the main Lido deck pool was swarming with kids (and the scary part is THIS WAS FEB) Even if you could make you way into that pool, you would get spashed, jumped on and kicked in the face!:eek: So too were the hot tubs! It was really pretty annoying. I know, don't go on Carnival, which is about families.

I DO WISH Carnival would make ONE of the pools adults only, although I realize kids would still be in the are since there is the pizza and ice cream (although there is ice cream up front by the main lido pool!)

The week of President's day is a week of vacation all up and down the coast here in New England so it is one of the BUSIEST kid weeks.

GREAT! THAT EXPLAINES IT! They don't really do that here where I'm from. Your usually lucky if you get that day off~IF you have NOT had any snow days!:rolleyes: Otherwise, they want to use that day for a make-up day!

When we were on the Conquest it was adults only at the back (with a sign posted), but full of kids. Unfortunately, as another poster stated that is where the grill and pizza are located. We left on Easter Sunday and figured it was due to all the kids being out of school in other parts of the country, (we have spring break in March in Texas) so am hoping it will be better in September when we go again. Glad to hear that others have had security enforce the rule, or was able to let the kids know it was adults only without much trouble. :cool:

Archived