Cigar Menu?

atcsat64

I popped by the cigar bar a few times but I didn't look too closely as the selection looked limited. I saw RyJ Reserva Reals in the display case and I'm sure they have the requisite selection of Macanudos and Monte Cristos. Just one word, avoid the alleged Cuban Cohibas in the market place (not sure what ports you're visiting). Cohibas in a glass top box are fakes.

I took my own sticks last time and had fun. Was also much cheaper.

-D

I popped by the cigar bar a few times but I didn't look too closely as the selection looked limited. I saw RyJ Reserva Reals in the display case and I'm sure they have the requisite selection of Macanudos and Monte Cristos. Just one word, avoid the alleged Cuban Cohibas in the market place (not sure what ports you're visiting). Cohibas in a glass top box are fakes.

I took my own sticks last time and had fun. Was also much cheaper.

-D

Thanks, not buying any (fake) cubans, going eastern cbn on Valor from Miami THIS WEEKEND! Been on the sister ship out of Galveston, cigar selection was good but limited as you said. Just wanted to get a head start so I can limit my "trial by fire" in the bar.

If any body has or knows info of the menu from any of the Cigar Bars, I'd like to know. Longshot, but leaving soon - YIPPPEEEE!!!

We are not smokers - but we tend to hang out in the cigar bar because it usually is a quiet place to have a drink before dinner :D . Often we are the only ones in there!! I do not recall much of a selection of cigars being available at the bar. As others have pointed out - you are probably better off to bring your own :rolleyes:

I'm new here but know a little about cigars! :D

I'd take my own if possible. Remember, the only place to be assured you are getting real Cuban cigars is at a LCDH; La Casa del Habana. These are franchise shops through the Corporation Habano S.A. in Cuba. You can find an LCDH in the city you're traveling to by going to http://www.lacasadelhabano.cu/mundo_i.asp

I've been to the one in Cancun, Mexico. Very, very nice place. Great guy there who owns it; David. He also owns the one in Tiajuana!

;)

Does anyone have a recommendation for a reputable dealer of Cubans (cigars, not the people) in Montego Bay or Georgetown, GC???Thanks.

In Georgetown, there is an official LCDH(La Casa Del Habano) store right on the main drag..............Ask for Wallce, the manager..............he's been there a long time, and is quite knowledgeable on Cuban cigars...........be prepared to spend some $$$$ for the real thing in GC.........

Is there anywhere in Cozumel?

While Cozumel doesn't officially have an LCDH in town as of yet(they used too), there is a cigar shop, called Havana House, I believe, in the Forum shops. On my last visit last Sept., I bought a couple of cigars, and they were the real thing..........and priced accordingly......very $$$$..they also serve GREAT mojitos at the bar there...........

Is there anywhere in Cozumel?

Anywhere what? To get authentic Cubans? There is NO LCDH there at the present time. There will be soon, but it's not open yet. There is a place called Havana House that supposidly sells legit stuff. I know the guy that owns the LCDH in Cancun and he said the shop was legit, but it's very expensive!

Best bet is to take your own sticks. ;)

I am taking some of my own. Hit the Tobacco Haus here town a bit later. I know little about cigars so I always go with the recommendations of the shop tender and haven't been disappointed yet, but silly me I don't keep track of those I've smoked. But still plan on spending some coin in the Cigar bar just so they don't phase it out (well, not spending that much coin, but it's the thought). Gotta have spirits to go with the smokes. I really have enjoyed relaxing there.

Any recommendations from y'all? I'm leaning towards a Maduro or lighter, maybe a little sweet and hopefully not too expensive as I'm travelling with four other couples and plan on sharing with the guys.

Hard to recommend anything without knowing what strengths people like. :confused:

Am I to understand that there is an actual CIGAR BAR on The Glory? :) If so, that's cool! I'll be bringing my own sticks, but I'll always "window shop"! :D

What is the name of the cigar bar? I want to locate it on the ship map.

Hard to recommend anything without knowing what strengths people like. :confused:

Am I to understand that there is an actual CIGAR BAR on The Glory? :) If so, that's cool! I'll be bringing my own sticks, but I'll always "window shop"! :D

Sorry, been on Conquest, and it was Alfreds Bar, don't know about Glory.

I'm easy to please, so any reasonably priced you found you like, I'm game.

I love maduros too!

Oliva makes very good cigars. Any of them are great. Their maduros are very good.

Padron Anniversary's are fantastic, but kinda pricey.

Not sure if you have Pontillo's where you are, but if you do, get 'em! They're great too! Ask your local shop about them.

;)

Glory is sister ship to Conquest. Looks like Bar Blue is it from the floor plan. Maybe ask in their forum, but I really enjoyed Alfreds.

I'll meet you in the Cigar bar on the Glory.

(less than a month now!!!!!!!)

My Wife and I spend any free time in there relaxing.

Definitely bring your own.

I know the selection on both of our Sensation cruises last year was poor.

(but I did alright after hitting the Graycliff and their cigar "factory" in Nassau. Some nice choices there.Plus the amora in there as you watch them make them and pick some out, is amazing for a cigar lover.

Bill)

Bill

I love maduros too!

Oliva makes very good cigars. Any of them are great. Their maduros are very good.

Padron Anniversary's are fantastic, but kinda pricey.

;)

Love the Oliva and the Padron. They are 2 of my favorites. I would also recommend the CAO Soprano which is my favorite. I completely agree about Cohiba's they are very expensive but I always get at least one during my cruise and really do enjoy it. I try not to buy any in the cigar bar unless I am in the middle of a great conversation or a nice jazz set and just don't want to go to my cabin to retrieve a cigar from there.

I'll meet you in the Cigar bar on the Glory.

(less than a month now!!!!!!!)

My Wife and I spend any free time in there relaxing.

Bill

Where is the cigar bar Bill?

BTW, I'll be hitting up Graycliff when we're in Nassau again! Went there two years ago and loved watching them roll cigars. You don't get much of a price break either! It was like 10% off retail! Big woo! But...when you're there you gotta break down and get a couple. The Expresso is a fantastic full bodied cigar by Graycliff!

I see you're from Charleston, SC! Great place! I go there alot!

There's another couple going along with us that enjoys cigars too. We should all meet at the cigar bar! ;)

Oh, check out my blog in my profile. You might see some people you know! Several from Charleston meet us in Columbia twice a year for the SC Sit Down Smoke! You should come! I'll fill you in about it on the ship!

Archived