Miami Port Parking Fees

CrusinAgain

How much does it cost to park at the port of Miami for a Norwegian ship cruise? I see some Miami sights say $12 daily and others say $15 daily. Also how is that fee calculated from say if your cruise leaves on a Friday and returns on a Sunday - is it calculated for 9 days or 10 days?

Thanks much!

:cool: Folks with handicapped tag get parking free at the Miami Port...... :D

Are you sure about this? Florida changed the law for Handicap parking several years ago as follows (from myflorida.com):

-----------------------

What are the guidelines for charging a person to park whose vehicle displays a disabled parking permit under the new law?

The law allows municipalities to remove free parking in the following settings: government lots that are used for entertainment, such as convention centers, cruise port terminals, sports stadiums, sports arenas, coliseums and auditoriums along with airports and city or municipal garages.

When free parking is removed as described above, the law requires the free parking be maintained only for those vehicles with ramps, lifts, hand controls or State of Florida toll exemption permits.

------------------------

If you have a ramp, lift or hand controls you can park for free - but if you have a handicap placard (or license plate) without any of these, you still have to pay the regular price to park.

I didn't see anything on the Port of Miami website to indicate anything different. If this is wrong, maybe someone can enlighten me.

Customers sailing out of Terminals F, G and J can use either cash or credit (Visa or MasterCard only). The parking facility in front of Terminal B, C and 10 is currently cash only.

Are you sure about this? Florida changed the law for Handicap parking several years ago as follows (from myflorida.com):

-----------------------

What are the guidelines for charging a person to park whose vehicle displays a disabled parking permit under the new law?

The law allows municipalities to remove free parking in the following settings: government lots that are used for entertainment, such as convention centers, cruise port terminals, sports stadiums, sports arenas, coliseums and auditoriums along with airports and city or municipal garages.

When free parking is removed as described above, the law requires the free parking be maintained only for those vehicles with ramps, lifts, hand controls or State of Florida toll exemption permits.

------------------------

If you have a ramp, lift or hand controls you can park for free - but if you have a handicap placard (or license plate) without any of these, you still have to pay the regular price to park.

I didn't see anything on the Port of Miami website to indicate anything different. If this is wrong, maybe someone can enlighten me.

I sailed out of Miami last thanksgiving on the Liberty, parking was free.

Archived