Happy Birthday: Travel To Go!

SSNORWAY

Holy cow!

See what happens when you miss posting for a couple of days? (And have to catch up on reading?)

OMG!

And here I've been thinking I have no friends and life is so sad! (Not really!)

You guys are the best! (Babette- You too? A lot of cold November nights!)

Matthew (Unkindly chap!) Hmph! SIXTY! :eek: Fifty three! :) Don't rush me! I get enough letters from AARP (formerly: American Association of Retired People) :(

I've been working nights, sleeping days, way behind. Haven't checked my email in a week (I'll do it now. Morrie!) Neighbor showed up with teeny tiny kittens needing to be hand bottled fed last night, just as we were getting dressed to go out to dinner (I got home from work and went to bed at 12:30 noon, woke up at 4:30- That's one crazy birthday!) and we've been getting the kittens to the vet, and hand feeding them every couple of hours. I am just now catching up! (anyone want a kitten? They should be ready in about 4 weeks!)

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'm going to print this out as the best birthday card I've ever gotten! (Unless one comes in the mail with a couple of thousand dollars or so in it! <G>)

Karie,

who is simply overwhelmed!

Very happy belated birthday Karie.

Thank goodness there are people like you in the world, the kittens are probably thinking the same (if they could), hope they make it.

Mag

(animal lover that thinks all pets should be officially adopted not just bought)

Very happy belated birthday Karie.

Thank goodness there are people like you in the world, the kittens are probably thinking the same (if they could), hope they make it.

Mag

(animal lover that thinks all pets should be officially adopted not just bought)

Thanks, Mag, So should we bring them with us in April, or just ship them over to you! <G>

Well, I suppose when I look at it from their perspective, it may not have been the birthday I might have wanted, but I guess it was more meaningful than some! And why not do something good for someone (or something) else for one's birthday!

In retrospect, despite the work part, I guess it was a pretty good birthday after all!

Karie,

who just needed to distance herself a bit from last week's stress!

Wow, time is flying....it's been Karie's birthday already? All the best wishes to you, Karie, and many more. We're currently in the mountains of northern Vermont on holiday, where dress clothes is clean shorts and a pair of shoes other than hiking boots or Tevas. ;)

And know what tonight is? The Perseid meteor shower. Go outside and make as many wishes on as many of those falling stars as you see.

Happy Birthday!

Did anyone actually see it? I stuck my nose out about midnight and again at 4-00am and there was nothing visible except the normal stars:(

Marc and I each saw one. I may go out around 3 Am and try again, though Marc said it was starting to mist up, like a fine layer of mist obscuring the stars. Wow! Las night we had the night vision scope (When you live out in the country in the woods who knows what animals may be lurking down in the wetlands and such. Yesterday on our way to the vet- around noon, we saw a huge doe with a fawn, still spotted!) anyway, you can really see the shapes of constellations with the night vision. You get to thinking about back before electricity, and the clear skies. Then you start to understand how people picked out constellations that make no sense with all of the light pollution obscuring the fainter ones.

Hey! Hemispheres in the Vicky is supposed to have a skylight for viewing the stars! On HAL last time, the navigator took us up forward and high and gave us lessons with handouts of the night skies for that time and location!

I sure hope Cunard does it right!

Karie,

who loves gazing at the stars on a clear night out here in the country!

Did anyone actually see it? I stuck my nose out about midnight and again at 4-00am and there was nothing visible except the normal stars:(

Well, first off, you have to wait more than a minute or two. I did see a couple right before it clouded up and rained. :( Of course the night before was brilliantly clear.

We end up in northern Vermont each year for this event, and it's darker here (less light pollution) plus we have a perfect view to the north and east from the balcony. We've seen some doozies over the years--it never gets old, well, when you actually see some it doesn't.

Well, first off, you have to wait more than a minute or two.

When we looked out at just turned midnight we were outside for about ten minutes. We saw the odd shooting star (maybe four in total) and that was it.:( They'd had Patrick Moore on TV earlier showing a 16th century (I think!) woodcut depicting an earlier meteor storm. He said the night's events should be far better than that.

Karie,

Belated Happy Birthday wishes! I've been AWOL again and apologize for completely missing your special day. Hey, now you're a year closer to being my age!:D Looking forward to sailing with you in October.

Thanks, Trish.

Since you "go to your place in the country" every weekend, are you sure you'll have time to mingle with the peasantry, Marc and I? <LOL>

Good to see you back.

So what are you earing for Halloween?

Karie,

who found some good ideas you can make yourself, cheap!

When we looked out at just turned midnight we were outside for about ten minutes. We saw the odd shooting star (maybe four in total) and that was it.:( They'd had Patrick Moore on TV earlier showing a 16th century (I think!) woodcut depicting an earlier meteor storm. He said the night's events should be far better than that.

I think 4 in 10 minutes is pretty good. I thought my son at home would have a wondrous report, but unfortunately the clouds moved in there, too.

Obviously we need a way-back machine to the 16th century!

I think 4 in 10 minutes is pretty good.

Angela - Thank You - I was feeling ever so disappointed that I'd missed what everyone else had said was fantastic. Now I suspect that I did see that fantastic site and I don't regret retiring to bed:rolleyes:

Archived