Tell me I won't be disappointed.....

pugsammy

Ohh really...what did you say then? This is what you said from your original post.

I tried Carnival three times on different ships and I felt as though I had stumbled on a ship that was a cross between a rap concert and Hee Haw.

those are your exact words.:rolleyes:

Like I said in my other post, Carnival is not 5 star and neither is RC. I had no problem with Carnival on my 2 cruises with them and I have stayed in plenty of 5 star hotels across the world. Just because you didn't like your cruises, doesn't mean she won't. Let her make up her own mind and don't try and tell her that she won't like it.

Like I said in my previous post. If everything was the same in this world, it would be quite boring. I can have fun in a 5 star hotel and in a 2 star hotel. I like having fun no matter where I am.

She will have a fun, if she lets herself. That is all I am saying. I, at least, look at things with a positive attitude.

Ohhh and by the way, I love ground beef and prime rib and even lobster. ;)

Wow .... Ms. Sandi - never seen ya post like this before. You go girl.....;)

Ohh really...what did you say then? This is what you said from your original post.

I tried Carnival three times on different ships and I felt as though I had stumbled on a ship that was a cross between a rap concert and Hee Haw.

those are your exact words.:rolleyes:

Like I said in my other post, Carnival is not 5 star and neither is RC. I had no problem with Carnival on my 2 cruises with them and I have stayed in plenty of 5 star hotels across the world. Just because you didn't like your cruises, doesn't mean she won't. Let her make up her own mind and don't try and tell her that she won't like it.

Like I said in my previous post. If everything was the same in this world, it would be quite boring. I can have fun in a 5 star hotel and in a 2 star hotel. I like having fun no matter where I am.

She will have a fun, if she lets herself. That is all I am saying. I, at least, look at things with a positive attitude.

Ohhh and by the way, I love ground beef and prime rib and even lobster. ;)

Hi Sandi!

Crazy day on the message boards! What the heck is going on

LOL and what was with that guy? I thought he was funny and then he just went off the deep end

Unfortunately there are people that like to bash cruise lines. I have seen it on all the boards here, not just Carnival. RC, Princess, NCL, HAL have all gotten bashed. I just can't imagine that a cruiseline can be THAT bad that someone can bash the he*l out of it. I understand that sometimes not everything can go smoothly...nothing is perfect. But to bash a cruiseline for a bad cruise. That gets to me. I am basically a new cruiser even though I have over 3000 posts on here, but I am not new to going on vacation and like I said in my previous posts I have been to many 5 star hotels across the country and in Europe. I have also been in 2 star hotels. I just look for the best of things when I am on vacation. Something has to be pretty bad for me to hate it. As long as the place is clean and I am with the ones I love, I can have a fabulous time. I am a fun girl and go with the flow because I like to have fun. I knew when I took my Carnival cruise that it wouldn't be 5 star. I came on these boards and read, and read and asked tons of questions so I knew exactly what I was going to get. I had an absolutely fabulous time aboard the Miracle with my husband. Things were practically perfect. I didn't want to get off that ship but unfortunately they said I had to. :( I read all the reviews about Carnival and yes there are bad ones but there are also many great ones and I think the good outweighs the bad. If people would just stop comparing, one line to the other and just accept things for what they are and open themselves up to different things, they would have a great time. If someone wants a 5 star experience let them go with Regent or Oceania, not Carnival or RC or NCL because neither of those lines are upscale. Life is way too short to sweat the small stuff.

Toni, thanks for letting me say my piece, and with that, I know you and hubby are going to love the Miracle because she is a wonderful ship. One day I will sail on her again. :D

Unfortunately there are people that like to bash cruise lines. I have seen it on all the boards here, not just Carnival. RC, Princess, NCL, HAL have all gotten bashed. I just can't imagine that a cruiseline can be THAT bad that someone can bash the he*l out of it. I understand that sometimes not everything can go smoothly...nothing is perfect. But to bash a cruiseline for a bad cruise. That gets to me. I am basically a new cruiser even though I have over 3000 posts on here, but I am not new to going on vacation and like I said in my previous posts I have been to many 5 star hotels across the country and in Europe. I have also been in 2 star hotels. I just look for the best of things when I am on vacation. Something has to be pretty bad for me to hate it. As long as the place is clean and I am with the ones I love, I can have a fabulous time. I am a fun girl and go with the flow because I like to have fun. I knew when I took my Carnival cruise that it wouldn't be 5 star. I came on these boards and read, and read and asked tons of questions so I knew exactly what I was going to get. I had an absolutely fabulous time aboard the Miracle with my husband. Things were practically perfect. I didn't want to get off that ship but unfortunately they said I had to. :( I read all the reviews about Carnival and yes there are bad ones but there are also many great ones and I think the good outweighs the bad. If people would just stop comparing, one line to the other and just accept things for what they are and open themselves up to different things, they would have a great time. If someone wants a 5 star experience let them go with Regent or Oceania, not Carnival or RC or NCL because neither of those lines are upscale. Life is way too short to sweat the small stuff.

Toni, thanks for letting me say my piece, and with that, I know you and hubby are going to love the Miracle because she is a wonderful ship. One day I will sail on her again. :D

You have such a great attitude about cruising, about life!

You know my feelings on the Victory, we certainly discussed it enough.. but i want to reiterate something... My motto had always been any cruise is a good cruise...etc.. I went to that pier with the best intentions and greatest attitude because my favorite thing to do ever is cruise..

Perhaps it was a fluke, from what i am reading it was...we went with several people and they all had the same reactions i did LOL

I cant wait for the Miracle! we have a good group going.. should be/will be a blast.. You should come!! LOL

Giving ones opinion of something that they have tried is not bashing. Can you please tell me where in this entire thread anyone has mentioned five star lines other than you? For someone not sweating the small stuff you have yourself all riled up over someone elses observations about a cruise line. Maybe you should take some of your own advice there sweety. :)

You have such a great attitude about cruising, about life!

You know my feelings on the Victory, we certainly discussed it enough.. but i want to reiterate something... My motto had always been any cruise is a good cruise...etc.. I went to that pier with the best intentions and greatest attitude because my favorite thing to do ever is cruise..

Perhaps it was a fluke, from what i am reading it was...we went with several people and they all had the same reactions i did LOL

I cant wait for the Miracle! we have a good group going.. should be/will be a blast.. You should come!! LOL

I try to have a great attitude, at least when it comes to vacations. Anything else in life, is a totally different story....LOL!!!

I know there can be bad experiences on vacations, I'm not saying there can't but it seems to me that you did make the best of your Victory cruise. Perhaps it was the itinerary and the weather that made it not so good. I don't know if I would take a cruise to Canada because for me, I equate cruising with warm weather and sunshine. I have been to Canada several times and loved it but never on a cruise.

When my husband and I were on our honeymoon almost 24 years ago we went to an AI in Jamaica for a week and had a great time. Then we came home and we still had some vacation time left before we had to return to work. We decided that we wanted to take a trip for a few days to DC. So we just got in the car and started to drive. We were both young and carefree at the time. No children at that time, basically no responsibilities except for our jobs so we were kind of free spirits. We drove for 5 hours and finally got into Virginia and were so tired that we decided to stop at the first motel we saw. I don't even remember the name of it, but I do remember that it was, what I would call now, a Fleabag....LOL :p Although it was clean. It was one of those roadside motels, absolutely nothing fancy. Probably a 1-2 star, if it was rated at all. Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that we had a wonderful time. We got to see the capital of our country and we were together on our honeymoon. It was wonderful. Maybe I look at vacations through rose colored glasses, I don't know. All I know is that I'm ready for another one. I don't know if it will be a cruise though because a cousin of mine is getting married next year and I think we will be going to Los Angeles for vacation. :D

Giving ones opinion of something that they have tried is not bashing. Can you please tell me where in this entire thread anyone has mentioned five star lines other than you? For someone not sweating the small stuff you have yourself all riled up over someone elses observations about a cruise line. Maybe you should take some of your own advice there sweety. :)

Don't call me sweety.

Actually I was referring to the guy who was going on about the photos and how we should not use our own photos, and calling cc' members fat etc.

I "met" Sandi because I "bashed" the Victory cruise i was on this past July

I usually cruise Celebrity.Shes one of the most pleasant people on this board and not biased at all. If you could have read my review which was written freshly off the cruise and in a complete state of frustration you would not believe that i would even try again.. I read the thread and i understand where you are coming from.. just my opinion and by no means intending to pick a fight .. it is what it is... i can completely understand someone 'hating' carnival.. but i always believe in 2nd chances... lets see if they change my mind..

And sweety, maybe you need to chill out. Geez, the OP wanted some good advice and you give her crap, way to go. I bet you are a lot of fun at a party - NOT.:eek:

Is it a full moon tonight Peg....I haven't looked outside. :p:D

Not sure Sandi, but it is as good an explanation as I can think of. That idiot that was on earlier today, got banned and today was his first day. Good way to make an impression :eek:

BTW, loved your reply, you did very well, in fact loved all of them :D

Actually I was referring to the guy who was going on about the photos and how we should not use our own photos, and calling cc' members fat etc.

I "met" Sandi because I "bashed" the Victory cruise i was on this past July

I usually cruise Celebrity.Shes one of the most pleasant people on this board and not biased at all. If you could have read my review which was written freshly off the cruise and in a complete state of frustration you would not believe that i would even try again.. I read the thread and i understand where you are coming from.. just my opinion and by no means intending to pick a fight .. it is what it is... i can completely understand someone 'hating' carnival.. but i always believe in 2nd chances... lets see if they change my mind..

I knew who you were referring to as I saw his posts on here earlier today. Now they are gone. First of all I do not hate Carnival but after three times it is not the line for me and I will give my opinion when someone asks and will not let anyone run me off. I have no problem with Sandi. I do not know her but why can she give her glowing opinion while trying to discount another person because their views differ? Does not work that way in my book. :)

Not sure Sandi, but it is as good an explanation as I can think of. That idiot that was on earlier today, got banned and today was his first day. Good way to make an impression :eek:

BTW, loved your reply, you did very well, in fact loved all of them :D

which idiot got banned? LOL!!!!!! I take them all with a grain of salt. Either I come right back at them or if they aren't worth my time, I put them on ignore. ;) I am a very pleasant person and don't ever start trouble but some people just get the best of me.

I knew who you were referring to as I saw his posts on here earlier today. Now they are gone. First of all I do not hate Carnival but after three times it is not the line for me and I will give my opinion when someone asks and will not let anyone run me off. I have no problem with Sandi. I do not know her but why can she give her glowing opinion while trying to discount another person because their views differ? Does not work that way in my book. :)

My view is Live and Let Live, I give just as much attention to the bad reviews as the negatives..Everyone has different expectations and standards.. last time i used the standard word, i got flamed but its the truth. I think i referred to it as the Motel 6 on the seas.

Some people, and i envy this, are just able to see the "brighter side" of things, or the glass half full.. i am not one of them and i am very picky...

LOL

And sweetie, maybe you need to chill out. Geez, the OP wanted some good advice and you give her crap, way to go. I bet you are a lot of fun at a party - NOT.:eek:

Can you read? Do you understand the English language? I gave the OP crap? Where. Point it out. I gave my opinion which she came back and posted an appreciation to the post. You must have missed that. Why I am not surprised?

which idiot got banned? LOL!!!!!! I take them all with a grain of salt. Either I come right back at them or if they aren't worth my time, I put them on ignore. ;) I am a very pleasant person and don't ever start trouble but some people just get the best of me.

The idiot that was bashing everyone. He even had a thread up about stupid people with an IQ of who knows what. He did not last long, maybe an hour LOL, but that was long enough.

And yes, you are a very pleasant person, I love reading your posts.

Archived