Sea Sickness in Aft Cabins - does this sound crazy?

General rule of thumb: if you're prone to seasickness, stay in a room that's as close to the center on the lower decks an you'll be good.

Or find a remedy that works for you. I take meclizine (generic Bonine) and it works briliantly. Seabands and ginger used to work, but not so much anymore.

And I find the side to side rocking to be disturbing. On the same crossing as OP I would nap crossways on the bed because I prefer to rock head to toe. But I'm willing to medicate as a trade off for the spectacular views and a nice big balcony on which to enjoy them.:)

I tend to get very seasick but have no problem since discovering Bonine. We have stayed in many aft cabins, usually corner afts, and I have no problem even in very rough seas. I don't think the motion is any worse there than in the middle of the ship. JMHO

I don't usually get sea sick but Wow!! in the Med. May/12 we had some rough day and our upper deck Aft cabin was hopping around. Up down and around it seemed.:D

I had to go to the middle of the ship where it was calmer to feel better. I did break down and take a Bonine, only 3rd pill ever needed. Our room att. after 13 yr, needed a sea sick pill that I offered her. So, for that cruise I was not wanting our usual Aft cabin!!!!! So, it can be rough back there.:eek:

Archived