Blue Iguanas / turtles / stingrays

Jade13

Has anyone used a private operator that has taken them to the Blue Iguana Recovery Program and then to other sites etc? I understand the park is a 45 minute drive from where the ships tender.

Celebrity actually does an excursion to see the Iguanas, so that might be my best bet if it is offered on our cruise. However, a private excursion would be better as they could then take us to the turtle farm, some place to stop for lunch and to see the stingrays....

We have an Iguana (also a couple of Tortoises), so this this would be our highlight as far as excurions during our cruise. My other question is that if the ship is offering its "Save the Iguana" tour, it's early and we are brought back to the docks, how far is it to either the Turtle farm, town of "Hell" and/or the stingray sandbar. Logistically it would be better to have one driver take us where we want to go, but then the recovery program might not be open to visiters without prior notice.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Archived