Sheraton Princess Kauilani

DREAMER7

Has anyone booked a pre-cruise stay at the Sheraton Princess Kauilani??

What kind of room did you have?? They booked us a Standard room.

Any suggestion on a better room maybe with a partial view?

We'd love any reviews.:)

I'll be staying there at the end of August, but can't comment futher until we return.

I looked at plenty of reviews (they are mixed) but am happy with the choice because the hotel is in a great location. Also, we booked an ocean view room in the big tower (Ainahuna sp?) and that is supposed to be the best building to stay in. We booked on our own and got an excellent deal that was listed on the hotel's website.

The link below should take you to TripAdvisor which will provide lots of info and reviews:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60982-d87104-Reviews-Sheraton_Princess_Kaiulani-Honolulu_Oahu_Hawaii.html

Has anyone booked a pre-cruise stay at the Sheraton Princess Kauilani??

What kind of room did you have?? They booked us a Standard room.

Any suggestion on a better room maybe with a partial view?

We'd love any reviews.:)

Someone else from Branson. I've been all alone for so long on here.

I spent a week in the Princess K a few years ago with a group of people from here in Branson. Mine was a standard room on the fourth floor overlooking the pool and bandstand. I loved the hotel and location and the fact I could sit on my own lanai and watch the evening shows.

The International Market right next door, Dukes across the street, an ideal location. I also loved the open air of the lobby.

Did any of you take any of the trips/tours that were available from the hotel? We want to go to the Arizona Memorial and to see the Missouri we're wondering if we should rent a car or take one of the tours offered by the hotel. Thanks for the info.

I've done both. I only rent cars by the day on days I need them as in a week, I may only need them two days with the bus system there. No need paying rental and parking fee, which are high. There are two places within half a block to rent a car and the hotel can help with that.

If you are just wanting to go to the Missouri and Arizona, it may be cheaper to take the tour from the tour desk in the lobby. If you want to go on up to the North Shore after you see those two, then rent the car.

If you take the tour, I recommend the one that includes those two plus the Punch Bowl National Cemetery. Then when you get to the Missouri, trade in the ticket they gave you for a guided tour. You can see more of the ship with the guided tour and get in places the self tour doesn't let you go.

We will check into these tours when we arrive at the hotel which will be in only 40 days! Yahoo!

I wish it were tomorrow...I'd love to get away from this heat 103 at my house this afternoon.

I appreciate your information.

Keep cool!

We stayed at the Princess Kauilani both pre and post cruise (7/9/07). We was wonderful. It's not brand new, but everything was clean and in great condition.. We actually had reserved just a standard room and were upgraded to ocean view both times. The location is wonderful. It's right across the street from the beach and almost next door to International Marketplace.

The only thing I would suggest to be careful on is the buffet breakfast. We went down our first morning and decided we'd just eat there. It was our own fault for not looking at the signs but the buffet was $20.00 per person and it wasn't that good. I had a little fruit, some cold eggs and coffee. Not hardly worth $20.00. There ar many other places to go for breakfast where the food is much better and the prices are quite a bit reasonable. In fact, I know there is a theard regarding just that.

Enjoy your trip. Hawaii is truly paradise:cool:

Aloha!

OMG that is quite a lot! We are staying here in Nov and booked directly through the Sheraton website and for $250 (or so) the room, breakfast and a 4pm check out. That will work well because we are going to swim with the sharks on the North Shore in the AM, then peak around a bit before we have to be on the ship at 5. I am hoping this all works out for us.

Shoequeen;

On the upgrade....did they automatically offer it or did you ask for an ocean view room? We'd love to have an Ocean view room. Was it crowded at the Sheraton? We have a pre-cruise with my b-i-l and s-i-l and then a post-cruise with the rest of the relatives...about 11 of us all together.

Thanks for the input.

Archived