suite 23 on prinsendam

rakrak

WE are set up to sail in Sept. 2007 anybody ever been in this suite it looks smaller on the ships map. this is our first on this ship. however we have been on a number of holland american cruises

I think this is an optical illusion because the verandahs all appear to be the same size, which means all rooms have the same WIDTH.

The darker, thicker line for the forward wall of the suite makes the room appear smaller.

Especially since the room is identified per the deck plan legend as being bathtub AND shower, AND a triple room, I don't see how it would make sense to give those amenities to a smaller room.

I see what you mean, but I think it's just a case of the deck plan design just not being the smartest...

img_v_deck_06.gif

img_dp_legend_asterisk.gifShower Onlyimg_dp_legend_circle1.gifBathtub and Shower img_dp_legend_triangle1.gif2 lower beds or converts to 1 queen-sizeimg_dp_legend_circle2.gifTriple (2 lower beds, 1 sofa bedimg_dp_legend_diamond.gifStaterooms with portholes instead of windows

I've sailed in 034 and 022. I'm assuming 023 is a mirror of 022. I didn't get the impression that 022 was smaller than 034. The 2 forwardmost cabins each have a sofa bed, as they are triple accommodations, whereas the other cabins on this deck have a sofa that is configured as a corner banquette. For my next trip on the Prinsendam, I have specifically booked 022, because the verandah has a significantly deeper roof overhang, which I really like. Also, as the deck plan shows, the verandah is a little deeper than those a few cabins back. The bathroom configuration and all other features of 034 and 022 were identical.

Enjoy the Prinsendam:)

Archived