FLL Sleep Inn Dania

huxlemo

What is near the Sleep Inn in Dania Beach? We arrive the evening before our cruise around 7 pm and will be looking for somewhere close to eat dinner. Are there any stores near the hotel within walking distance? Just in case we need to pick up some small things we left at home. Thanks for your help.

After following that other thread, I was tempted to cancel the Sleep Inn,too, but after reading all the Recent rave reviews on Trip Advisor, I am very certain that we have made the best choice for our pre-cruise stay. The hotel is in an excellent location, the price is right and it provides many complementary amenities. Plus I definitely trust Bequia's good judgement and expertise in this area.

Bequia, would either Pancho's Backyard or Villa Jo Jo's Italian be large enough for a Cruise Critic pre cruise get together for about 20 people? What about the quality of the food they serve?

I'm afraid I can't answer your question as I've haven't eaten at either. I've read numerous reviews on these boards stating both were good but the reviews did not indicate the size or layout of the restaurants.

After following that other thread, I was tempted to cancel the Sleep Inn,too, but after reading all the Recent rave reviews on Trip Advisor, I am very certain that we have made the best choice for our pre-cruise stay. The hotel is in an excellent location, the price is right and it provides many complementary amenities. Plus I definitely trust Bequia's good judgement and expertise in this area.

Thank you for the kind words. I watched that hotel being built from the ground up, at the time I couldn't understand why they were putting up a hotel in the middle of a residential neighborhood. Whoever made that decision was pretty smart, it's close to the airport, cruiseport, Hollywood Beach and yet very safe. That's the main reason I like the property, the location. I've never stayed there, I've never even stepped inside the front door.

All hotels, even cruise ships have problems now and then. I don't discount other cruisers complaints about the property, it happens. It's happened to me in other parts of the country and I know how frustrating it can be to be one of the few that had a bad experience. Be that as it may the number of good said about the property far, far outweighs the bad. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the property to friends and family and if ever ned be, stay there myself.

Scampi: I too was thinking about cancelling my Sleep Inn stay due to the bad comments. I did check Trip Advisor and they had lots of positive reviews so I decided to stay with the choice. In that review it amazed me that the guy had lots of bad issue's but he stayed there again after the cruise. Makes you wonder.

Thanks,

Robb

Bequia, would either Pancho's Backyard or Villa Jo Jo's Italian be large enough for a Cruise Critic pre cruise get together for about 20 people? What about the quality of the food they serve?

Have had dinner at Villa Jo Jo's Italian and think 20 people would pose a problem. Pancho's is almost next door to Villa Jo Jo's Italian and I think would be close to the same size

Have had dinner at Villa Jo Jo's Italian and think 20 people would pose a problem. Pancho's is almost next door to Villa Jo Jo's Italian and I think would be close to the same size

Thank you, Bison. How many people do you think Villa Jo Jo could accomodate? When I called today they said 20 was no problem but you've been there. How was the food?

Do any of you have any other ideas of restaurants close by to the Sleep Inn that could seat our group comfortably? with good food but not real expensive? Nothing like Marks of Las Olas. That was way overpriced for what we were served last year.

FROM WHAT I REMEMBER THE PLACE LOOKED LIKE IT WOULD ONLY HOLD

~50 TOTAL. THE PERIMETER OF THE RESTAURANT WAS ALL BOOTHS, SO MAYBE THEY COULD PUT 20 DOWN THE MIIDDLE. ITALIAN FOOD IS MY FAVORITE AND I THOUGHT THIS PLACE WAS GOOD (NOT GREAT). IF YOU HAD TRANSPORTATION THE RUSTIC INN IS NOT TOO FAR FROM SLEEP INN AND WOULD BE A GOOD CHOICE IF LOOKING FOR SEAFOOD. ALSO, MY WIFE HAD TALKED WITH PEOPLE WHO HAD DINED AT PANCHO'S AND THEY TOLD HER THAT THOUGHT THAT PLACE WAS VERY GOOD.

We stayed at Sleep Inn in March and it was fine. Only issue was leaves in the pool and I reported it and they cleaned it.

We ate at Pancho's and it was great food! Both places are small - but if you called them ahead of time - I think they could accomodate 20 people. Both had tables on the sidwalk for out doors dinning.

Nothing else is really close by unless you have a car.

Archived