Ocho Rios Canopy Tour

sunshineminnie

Loved it! It was a fairly long drive (maybe about 45 minutes??) with the worst being that we hit construction traffic on the way back and it was bumper to bumper for probably about two hours or longer. But we still managed to have time to grab a bite at Margaritaville and do a quick turn through the shops close to the port.

I highly recommend this excursion!!!

Casey2,

We did the ship's excursion and I was really glad we did while we were stuck in that horrible traffic coming back!! That was my first time in Ocho Rios so I don't know if that traffic was a fluke or if it's always heavy in the afternoon. I've read some awful things about Jamaica, but all the people we encountered on this excursion were quite nice. Even walking to and from the shopping area close to the pier we never encountered anyone that made me feel uncomfortable. Could be because I always walk with purpose and don't make eye contact with strangers!

Thanks for the info. Good to know that there could be a traffic issue. Never seems as bad if you're expecting it.

What did you do after the tour? We are going on the early one and will have some time. I've been to Ocho Rios before but was on a resort and only ventured out once.

We did the canopy tour in Ocho Rios and thought it was fun, well run, and very safe. I agree-about 30-45 minute drive. We did it thru Princess also. After the trip they stopped at a place with an outside bar so you could get a Red Stripe and order a DVD of the day's adventures. We went straight back to the ship afterward--the vendors are just too aggressive for my taste.

There is a little shopping area and a Margaritaville just up from the pier. We walked up there and had a late lunch and finished up with a little shopping. I think we were booked on the earliest tour, also. As I said, seems like there was some construction going on and that may have been the reason for the traffic problem. I did really feel sorry for people that were on later tours. Can't imagine how they made it back to the ship on time. And since this was over a year ago, I can't recall if we were late pulling out of port.

Archived