4yr old on Enchantment vs Disney???

skyw

I am leaving on Enchantment tomorrow, so I can't speak specifically to that ship, but I have been on other Royal ships (the Voyager class ships, which have more extensive kids facilities than Enchantment) as well as both Disney ships multiple times. For a 4-year-old (or any child, really), there is no question that Disney offers far superior facilities and activities. There is nearly an entire deck devoted to the kids' area on the Disney ships. My daughter took her first Disney cruise at age 5 and did not want to leave when we picked up her at midnight. She had a blast, and so did we, knowing she was having a good time. Disney also gives you a pager that works on the ship so they can contact you at any time--more peace of mind. We went on a Disney cruise in January and even though my daughter was 12 at the time, she still had a blast. Hope she has as good a time on Enchantment!

We have been on Disney and Granduer and Navigator with my then 4 year old. He wasn't so sure about Granduer's AO, but he had just turned 4 and was a little shy. A few months later we were on the Navigator and he hadan absolute blast! We couldn't get him out of there. He loved the late night party zone and the couselors. He still talks about that cruise. We also tried Disney. Even though the actual facilities seemed more fun to me, he didn't think so. There were too many kids, too many couselors. You couldn't really connect with anyone specific like he did on the Navigator.

Yes, Yes!! We had the same experience on DCL. That is why I asked. He was 3.5 years old. (last MAY). He didn't really like the club very much. He cried when I picked him up one time. I felt terrible. He never got the concept that he could have me paged. He only went a few times. It was very structured and the events went on for at least 1/2 hour to an hour. IF he wasn't interested, he was stuck. So it is quite cheaper to do the Enchantment the DCL again. I love RCl so it isn't a heart ache for me.

People sail DCL because it's Disney. IMHO you cannot compare Disney with anything else. If you want Disney, complete with all the characters and themes, etc, then sail DCL and you won't be disappointed.

That is true RAFWriter. The facilities are different. He was on the Granduer too, but he was too young and shy at the time to really enjoy it, but they did make it a point to know his name by the second day. I can't say that for Disney becuase there were too many kids and too many counselors. If it were me who was the kid I would prefer Disney, but......;)

Archived