Orient beach

ready2sail40

Plenty of images on Google images. Yes, we HIGHLY recommend it. It was a great day at the Beach. We were taken to The Pirate. These are very nice guys who will do a great job taking care of you. The food there is EXCELLENT. We had the BarBQ Mahi Mahi. It was incredible. For seven of us, with chairs, drinks, umbrellas and food, the tab came out to $118. Be sure to take cash (dollars are fine.) The taxi ride was $6 per person from the dock.

• 2 weeks later...

I have only been to Orient Beach once and that was on a ship sponsored excursion. So from looking at that panoramic picture, there are restaurants along the beach and they pretty much "claim" they area in front of there restaurant and you can rent beach chairs and umbrellas's from the restaurant? And then they would assume that you buy food and drinks from them? Not shabby. Which place would you recommend? We will have a 3 year old with us. I understand that Orient Beach is clothing optional which I really don't have problem with really considering I spent every summer in Europe growing up and well I'm used to seeing at least topless.

Here is Ed's panoramic photomap of Orient Beach. Clicking on any of the names will take you the place's website.

Can't help you on the bathroom issue, we usually park ourselves at the beach area in front of Club Orient.

But most places (not Club O) offer package deals similar to LeString. Check the threads here.

http://home.carolina.rr.com/photos2005/LargeOrientPanorama.htm

I think that the ship's dump their loads near Bikini Beach. I think same ownership, all expensive.

My vote for Baywatch, owned by a couple from NJ. Great food, reasonable price. And where else can you see a "No ice skating" sign in the Caribbean:D

2362324020096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

I really like the look of Baywatch!! I think I may hit there. Do you remember if there was shower and a bathroom? I have a 3 year old and so the shower and bathroom is important. I like the fact that it is owned by a US couple. I hate to sound judgemental but I would think the fact that they are American things I would assume would be cleaner.

...I hate to sound judgemental but I would think the fact that they are American things I would assume would be cleaner.

Keep looking as the Americans have no shower. As bad as it may sound, you might want to try a French place.

I hate to sound judgemental but I would think the fact that they are American things I would assume would be cleaner.

Check it out for yourself... You can fly to many cities in the world and upon your return to MIA you'll swear the Miami airport restrooms are among the filthiest on the planet. Been there, done that.

Does anyone have any pictures of orient beach to share? Do you recommend it?

Great beach. We're heading there for a week this fall. Lots of pics in my Flickr photostream, see my Valor pics, or just go to flickr.com and search.

Archived