ATM Machine

chewpup

Des anyone know if there is an ATM machine on the Crown? Thanks in advance.

Why would you use one onboard ship? You can't spend any money on the ship. Use an ATM at the port. The bank exchange rate is almost identical as the "official" rate. Fees will be charged by the bank; mine was about 1% for foreign exchange. My bank refunds the charge made by the other ATM carrier. So if Chase, for instance, charges me 2.50 for using their ATM, it is credited back by my bank. Works around the world.

In any case be sure to tell your bank that you are going to be traveling.

Why would you use one onboard ship? You can't spend any money on the ship. Use an ATM at the port. The bank exchange rate is almost identical as the "official" rate. Fees will be charged by the bank; mine was about 1% for foreign exchange. My bank refunds the charge made by the other ATM carrier. So if Chase, for instance, charges me 2.50 for using their ATM, it is credited back by my bank. Works around the world.

In any case be sure to tell your bank that you are going to be traveling.

I endorse this advice. Best, easiest, quickest way to get local currency. Avoid the money changer (Travelex for instance) and the ship ATM. Fees are excessive.

Make sure to check ahead what your bank / credit card will charge.... and as raysig advises.... let them know you will be abroad. :D

Archived