zip line and tubing

rabel13

We were on the carnival cruise to the Western Caribbean. When we got to the Belize Port we were still undecided about what to do. It was 7 of us.This includes my 84 year old dad. When we got to the terminal my dad spoke to some of the taxi tour guides and he found the CAVE TUBING AND ZIP LINE TOUR INTERESTING. So we decided that we will book the tour with the taxi tour guide.His name was Sonny. He mentioned that he cannot do the tour with us because dad was too old for such adventure. We were very disappointed. We went to one tour guise to another and the all refused to do the tour because dad is too old. We were then thinking of going back to the ship. A security officer approached and asked what was the problem? I didn't know if I should give him an attitude or to just walk off. I faked a smile and told him it was O'K. He said," are you sure? He was very kind and I was being rude. I told him of the situation with dad. He told us that he will try to help. He mentioned a tour guide my the name of Donald. He said that Donald hight have left on a tour, but he will call his cell phone. He called the number and gave me the phone to talk to Donald. Donald made it clear that he never intended to work that day. I explained the situation and pleaded to him. He told me that he will get to the terminal in a few minutes and we must be ready. He gave us instructions on where to meet him on the out side.When Donald arrived he introduced himself. He was neatly dressed, and spoke perfect english. He asked for a moment alone with dad. I have no idea what they were speaking of, but dad was laughing. He turned around and said " it is time to get moving." We went to the van, it was clean, smelled good, and was air conditioned as well. The drive was about an hour. When we got the place to do the zip line the line was very long. Donald said, ' don't make the line be your problem, I will take care of that-please just follow me." As we were walking pass the very long line every one was watching my dad. He was the attraction of the day. Donald walked to one of the tour guides and spoke to him. So we were assisted with our gears and hiked to the first platform. It was the best experience on the entire cruise. We then headed to the jungle resort to have lunch. I was surprised that all who booked the zip line and the cave tubing through the cruise line were having lunch under a roughly built shed, and we who booked with a private operator were in the comfortable restaurant. The waitresses were very nice and and the lunch was rice and beans. Well put together.Well, after lunch we headed to the cave. As we hiked through the rain forest Donald did presentations on medicinal plants,maya history, and the significance of the cave to the mayas. The cave were very dark, but Donald issued us with head lamps. There were several large groups in the cave, and Donald had us together while the larger groups looked disorganized. Donald kept a very close eye on dad. He is old, but has a big heart. My dad survived the adventure. Thanks to Donald. There is no way I can thank you enough for giving my dad a great tour of the zip line and the caves. Have a happy holidays and I will pray that God gives you great success .His email address: **************************** WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND DONALD http://pub48.bravenet.com/forum/4076027487/fetch/624768/

We just got back from Belize. We booked a double excursion direct with Donald - totally AWESOME. He does an incredible job with this excursion.A lot of folks are worried about not booking with the cruise line - not to worry with him at all!!! He meets you right outside the port terminal with your name on a sign and drops you off at least 1 hour before final tender. He only takes 13 at a time, so it's not crowded like the cruiseline's. He even throws in a private tour of Jaguar Paw's resort, if time allows.This trip is not to be missed for those who want adventure and relaxation. Cost is a little cheaper than cruise lines and you go to the same resort, Jaguar Paw, that the ships take you.WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND Donald.reach him at : abzeadventure@yahoo.com

Archived