Which Stroller?

Wayniac

We are cruising for the first time in February 2008 aboard RCCL MOS. Our little boy, Ryan will be 15 months old at the time of departure. We have three strollers to choose from, an umbrella stroller, a Peg Perego Aria (compact) and a "Sit-n-Stroll" (integrated car seat and stroller). We live in Florida and will drive to Port Canaveral on our departure date. Which stroller do experienced travellers recommend on a seven day excursion? Thanks.

A lot of people will say "please take your umbrella stroller" because it fits better in ship hall ways.

DH and I are taking the graco, however. Because, for comfort, napping and storage, the graco wins hands-down over the umbrella stroller any day....

Take the Graco style. It works well enough in the corridors and can still be taken down the gangway or on a tender (child not in it). Much better for carrying supplies and napping out when you are shopping or on the beach.

We have taken our Peg Aria on all cruises (2 Carnival, 1 Rccl) and it fits perfect. I love the fact that it reclines and has the snack tray. We just fold it up and place it in the closet when we are in the room. It fits great through the doorways and on deck. We brought our car seat only once and never used it as most island taxis/buses have no seat belts. We live in Fl drive to ports as well. Our DD is 22 months and we have cruised with her at 7, 12 and 19 months. Her 4th cruise will be at 2 years.

Julie

We are cruising for the first time in February 2008 aboard RCCL MOS. Our little boy, Ryan will be 15 months old at the time of departure. We have three strollers to choose from, an umbrella stroller, a Peg Perego Aria (compact) and a "Sit-n-Stroll" (integrated car seat and stroller). We live in Florida and will drive to Port Canaveral on our departure date. Which stroller do experienced travellers recommend on a seven day excursion? Thanks.

I'm struggling with this too. We have three strollers:

Kolcraft Umbrella stroller (does not recline)

Jogging stroller (very comfy but heavy and bulky)

Graco stroller (again, very comfy but heavy and bulky.)

I want my son to be comfortable, and I can see him needing to catch some Z's in his stroller, but I don't want to take the heavy ones, and I don't think he'll be comfortable in his flimsy little umbrella stroller for a week.

I have half a mind to buy a new one... but if I buy one more stroller before we have another baby, my DH will think I've gone nuts. 3 should be enough for one kid! You'd think so anyway! :)

Honestly, I don't think heavy is a problem. I cruise with a Graco double stroller (the front/back kind) with no problem. Most important to me are comfort (including recline and sun shade) and how it handles. I think the jogging strollers may be wider than regular strollers? If so, then I'd bring your Graco for sure. No need to bring a new stroller.

Best,

Mia

I love love love using our Chicco C5 stroller. It's an umbrella stroller that's lightweight, folds compactly, reclines, has a canopy, rain cover, storage basket, and it's under $100 (it has the same features as ones that are $200+)!

I did LOTS of research on a good traveling stroller as my son and I flew cross country recently (i was alone so i needed something VERY convenient). In a book that I have, Baby Bargains, this was highly rated and I'm so glad I purchased it.

Definately try it out at the store, we did and I was satisfied with its features. My son seems to like it as well; he gets to nap when it's reclined. Good luck! :)

I agree!!!! TAKE THE MOST COMFORTABLE!!!!! [uN] Fortunately:confused:, My 2 kiddos have outgrown the strollers, Although somedays I wish they still fit when we have to hear...I'm tired, my legs are tired of walking :rolleyes:

Anyway, when they were smaller, I surely would pick the more comfortable one over lighter anyday! I had one of those double jogging strollers and was always lugging it in my van when we traveled (NO~NOT CRUISING THEN!:eek:) I was never a real big fan of the umbrella strollers just because of the lack of comfort! No reclining...some have no sunshade, and some have no baskets for needed items....

But with that stated, I don;t know if I would go out and buy a new one but if you think you need to, I would surely check around (friends, garage sales) or even online somewhere like ebay.

Hope this helps.....:confused:

DEFINITELY not the umbrella stroller. The purpose of the stroller is to make your life easier. If your kid is miserable, your life will be harder!

I'd take something medium size and comfy. We have a Maclaren (can't remember the style) and a Zooper Salsa. I'll take the Zooper just because it's more comfy for John. And he'll be 3.5 years at the time.

We love strollers! We're headed out to Sea World for a few hours tonight. I take the double jogger and my kids (almost 3 and 6.5) both ride in it.

I travel with my sit 'n stroll - it gives me a carseat for the plane (I always buy a seat), taxi's and a stroller.

My daughter has always fallen asleep in it in taxi's on the way back from the beach. I unstrap from the taxi and wheel her to the room.

It has a sun cover. As for storage, it has a bit but is heavy enough to hang a bag on the handles. (how much do we need to carry anyway - like handbags, we fill to whatever capacity we have!)

On a cruise where I didn't fly, I used a Chico. I do have a GRACO, but I'm not a Humvee Mom. Once my daughter was out of the carrier I hung up the GRACO. They are a bit too big for corridors, etc on a cruise. I gave up even using it for shopping at home....just way too big. How much stuff do you need to carry anyway?

As for shopping in ports, the GRACO is way to big for the small shops - quite inconvenient when you're blocking other people.

I was on a cruise where a couple just left their Humvee out in the corridor all night - didn't even fold it up to bring in the cabin. It was really fun for my Dad with a walker to get down the hallway!

Just some thoughts to help you decide.

Have a great cruise!

Archived