fly or cruise to Hawaii

jojo2gogo

I was wondering which would be the better way to go to Hawaii. Would a 15 day r/t from LA on Princess or a 10 day R/T from Honolulu with NCL be better. It will be mid-February 2008 for a 25th Anniversary, so I would like to get it right.

If you REALLY like sea days it's a great RT from LA However if you want to spend more time in port IN Hawaii, you may want to fly over and take the cruise RT from Honolulu on NCL. We've done the Island RT from LA twice and are booked on the Diamond RT from LA in December. Best chance for calm seas to/from Hawaii are PROBABLY September-October or Spring. It's pretty much an individual decision after weighing the factors. We don't fly, so RT is IT for us, plus we have never been seasick and LOVE the days at sea to our favorite place. Whatever you decide have a great cruise. Aloha!

we're going on the 11 day starting Feb.2. We wanted Hawaii - not using days to get there-- we're from Erie, PA so using 1 day there and 1 day back was enough- I also like the fact that they overnight in Oahu to start- many people go 2 or more days pre-cruise to see Oahu- this way you only unpack once and the ship does the traveling

Thanks LakeErieLady,

I think I am more inclined to go with the 10 day cruise because of the extra time in the islands. You and I have about the same flight time as we will be coming from the East Coast, also. I, also, think the Romance package that NCL has sounds good.

• Administrators
I was wondering which would be the better way to go to Hawaii. Would a 15 day r/t from LA on Princess or a 10 day R/T from Honolulu with NCL be better. It will be mid-February 2008 for a 25th Anniversary, so I would like to get it right.

Only you know what is right, or the better choice, for you. If you want more port time in Hawaii, you'll pick NCLA -- if you prefer sea days, or prefer traditional cruising to freestyle, or are concerned that NCLA's American crews won't meet your expectations, you will pick Princess or another trip from the west coast.

If you do choose NCLA, I recommend the romance package you mention -- it's very nice and a good bargain at $79.00. Good luck deciding!

DH & I are booked on the ROS, Oct 11, 2008 out of San Diego, 15 days with a fabulous Itnerary. It offers you 30 Hrs ( Lahaina) 20 Hrs ( Honolulu), 10 hrs ( Hilo) Midnights sail by Lava, then Kona for 8 Hrs. We have a Roll Call going right now with # 59 & planned activities. Would love to have more join us.

Archived